dunes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serento

Reaction score
im going to the dunes for the first time this weekend and wondering how much psi i should put in my tires thanks

I take it your not gunna be running sand tires? Either way, fill those bitches up! Specially the fronts.

yes im run razar blades by maxxis on the front and back

Oh, then yeah. Pump those suckers up! Just under max ration on the tire. Sand is a weird surface to ride on.

i found sand to be a lot like driving a boat, you have no power untill you get some speed and your "on top" of it or on plane

true true. haha but i run geckos when i go and im usually 3 psi.

yeah I have a set of maxis roosters that I use for sand, it gets you on top faster. Sand is real fun on a bike, with the narrow front tire it does get obove the sand until nthe powerbad kicks in in 2nd gear and still have that floating feeling the entire time

barely any air. I dont know why you put as much as possible. The less air you have the less you dig. I go to silver lake all the time ;)

less air with a truck cause u get a bigger footprint, but with a quad airing down doesn't really widen the tire so it's pointless to air down, unless you have stock style tires that are donut shaped

less air with a truck cause u get a bigger footprint, but with a quad airing down doesn't really widen the tire so it's pointless to air down, unless you have stock style tires that are donut shaped

correct. i was assuming see as most warrior i see are still rocking them;)

Latest posts

Back