dumb question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajnw20

Reaction score
we bought a 04 warrior new out of the dealers . other then regular maintance no works been done to it . untill now , i needed a project so im getting started on her . just got jet kit , k&n filter and prefilter , twist throttle kit , power bomb header , fmf powercore 4 exhuast , kendal knarly all around . Anyway , Should i run no airbox lid , put the uni vents in or what . also if i run no lid or mod it what to do with the breather hose coming from the crank case that orginaly went to the stock snorkel ? is that just like a pcv ? also where can i get the adapter plat for the big bear oil cooler kit ?

welcome to the forum,with running no airbox lid you can get a little more power but it requires fatter jetting and more maintenance on the filter since it gets dirty easier i also would not run no lid setup unless you have a clamp on filter kit and a pre filter/outerwear, an alternative would be to just drill holes in your airbox and use those uni vents thats a decent way to run, plus the airbox lid would help hold down ur filter, and that vent coming from the crankcase is pretty much a pcv valve alot of people put those little mini breather filters on them.

hey thanks . yeah ill probably just drill it out and put some of those uni vents in . or maybe juct cut the middle of the lid out since i have a pre-filter and a jet kit .

I ran my hose from the case into a 90° fitting that I punched into the front of the air box. No lid = more air = better breathing and better response = more HP.

why tell him that? he already bought it lol.

lol...either way they actually are a tad bit better than stock, even though the stock header is like the perfect design for the warrior even when heavily modded.

don't be hatin. Hahaha. I rock a PB header ($20 steal deal) Its a good time, not worth the money new but still a cool part.

Look on ebay for the big bear cooler. Always buy used on stuff like that I say.

ha yeah thats a list i already have just put it on yesterday . got it jetted the header and pipe on , and im gonna go with deadlast idea of just routing it into my airbox . and i got the head from my buddy for 70 bucks so not to bad . next thing im gonna do is start getting the peices together for a oil cooling unit , these quads seem to run hot . is there a adapter plate that bolts on so i can use the bigbear setup ?

Since you got a prefilter, take off the airbox lid. As for the crankcase breather, what I did was cut a small square out of a rag and put that around it and held it on with a twist tie.

Back