Dumb air filter question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Church722

Reaction score
Hey guys. So long story short I got a 96 warrior. When I got it it was non running with no air filter, no air box lid, and all together just an empty box. I went and picked up an air filter only to find that the filter is just a foam tube. My question is....is there any sort of tube or something that im missing that holds the filter in place?

Yup. There is a cage that the foam filter goes on, and its all held in by the lid.

if your missing the cage i would either get a k&n drop in or get a pro-design adapter and run a cone style filter like a uni. its not worth buying unless you get one super cheap.

Now those drop in filters like the k&n, do they require you to delete the air box like pod filters on a motorcycle? I'd like to keep the air box since we ride a lot of trails with mud holes and water crossings. I checked ebay and there's only one air box cage on there and its like 50 bucks and looks like ****.

The drop in k&n airfilter requires you run an airbox lid to hold it in place. I got a drop in k&n in mine with an outerwear prefilter and full airbox w/ lid, love that set up as I ride a lot of water, mud , sand

If you want a pic of my setup, page 7 of my build thread about halfway down

the k&n sits in the stock air box like the stock cage does, which isnt the greatest design. prodesign filter adapter also uses the stock air box but allows you to run cone style filters. you would also have the ability to run without a cover if you chose to do so.

Back