Dual throttle cable routing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankenstein's-warrior

Reaction score
As title suggests, does anyone know where the cables are supposed to go to on the carb? I have one hooked up but I've looked all over the carb and can't find a second hole to put it in. Not sure if carb has been swapped at some point and dual cable remains or what.

Well, I was gonna send a picture but mine has the single cable. You sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole but apparently the dual cable is an older design. Given your quad is parts from a bunch of different years my guess is someone swapped the carb over to a newer style. You can get a single cable to clean the mess up a bit and either hold or sell the dual cable, as they are discontinued and quite expensive (15$ vs 70$ new)
Edit: re reading your old thread I'm thinking somebody swapped a complete 1997+ model year motor into your older chassis and did the bare minimum effort to make it work. It explains the different carb and stator, as well as so many things being bypassed.

Last edited:
I appreciate that. I probably will end up leaving it for now. Unfortunately I'm working out a no spark issue now after replacing some parts that previous owner backed up.

Well, I was gonna send a picture but mine has the single cable. You sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole but apparently the dual cable is an older design. Given your quad is parts from a bunch of different years my guess is someone swapped the carb over to a newer style. You can get a single cable to clean the mess up a bit and either hold or sell the dual cable, as they are discontinued and quite expensive (15$ vs 70$ new)
Edit: re reading your old thread I'm thinking somebody swapped a complete 1997+ model year motor into your older chassis and did the bare minimum effort to make it work. It explains the different carb and stator, as well as so many things being bypassed.
On that note of motor swapping on this. I think it is a 90-95 motor since the stator wires coming out match that. I recently purchased a cdi for said year but still getting a no spark issue. Any idea what it could be? I've replaced harness, cdi, coil, start/killswitch and some other odds and ends. Harness I bought was a 88 harness but seems using some old plugs from old harness, I could make it still work. From what I've read, the cdi, stator, and flywheel all need to be from the same year/machine.

Latest posts

Back