DRW: I Would Like to Make a Statement to All Members.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
First off i would like to say that i love this forum. most of the projects, and parts that have come out of my shop are a direct result of this forum and its members.

Second off i would like to say i have been absent here off and on for the last few months for different reasons. if there is something you need of me parts wise PM me and I will get a notification on my Email and will respond accordingly.

Thirdly. im gonna pull a big brother moment here. i have been on this forum roughly 3 years, i know quite a few of you quite well. a few of us talk on a daily basis. So please do not take this harshly. there are a few members on here that aggravate me and quite a few of the members on here and that is something i would like to address.
Alex is the one i will chose for this example.
Me and a few of the members on here chat through whatsapp due to cell range and other things, we have a chat box on there we let a select few in on. i am not saying we a stuck up's and are stingy, no. We are a very tight nit group and we lean on one another a lot. now that being said, we agreed to let Alex in as a kind of project child. that was about a month ago. And since then he has grown up a good bit. (If you haven't noticed there's not as much BS on here.)
Here is my point. i would like to discourage the bickering, arguing, name calling, bashing, insulting ect. there are a few young guys on here like Alex. i am one of them, i may not present myself like such, but I am 17 years old. now you do not treat me as such because of the way i act of that i am sure. Yet you treat other members like lesser beings, i would like to encourage all of us to encourage one another. This place is a information gold mine on these things, if you have conflicting info, ask, do not bash. if you do not show each other a better way to conduct yourselves on here then this will continue.

Thank you and please stop bashing i am getting tired o seeing it, funny or not.

if you have anything to say please feel free to say so.

DRW

Last edited:
It's a texting App and you have to be voted in but if you want the app it's free

Well siad Weston. I have and try when I can to help guys along myself. Im game for that whatsapp if you guys want me, no biggy if ya dont.

Speaking of stuff Im gonna have a PM headed your way about the stuff we talked about a while back.

Its the internet Weston, where big ego's tend to fly whether they know what there talking about or not. Not goin against what you said at all, i agree with you, why do you think im never on anymore... I check in from time to time but keep comments to myself. The thread derailing has been better lately but this problem keeps me away.

Ya know Scott you need to start hanging around here agian.

I may miss stuff that goes on sometimes til after its gone on for a little bit. If anyone is having an issue with another member or a serious thread is being derailed with stupid stuff let me know and Ill do what ever I can to help remedy. After all thats what us mods are here for.

Well put Weston, I have been reluctant to let my 14 year old son join the forum for those exact reasons. He has a warrior and has lots of questions, but I don't want other members bashing or talking trash to him if they think he asks a "stupid" question. Its also the reason I haven't been on here much lately. Hopefully things will improve.

All right now this is kind of upsetting me. Derailing threads is one thing, but finding out that we have guys not visiting as much just because of things that I some how missed and didnt know it was bothering them is another. I see Im gonna have to look at all threads. If anyone is having any issues that bother them at all I want you to PM me and Ill take care of it right away. Its not right that we have guys not coming on as much and them not willing to let friends and family know about it or join because of a couple bad eggs. If you guys have to report siad posts also, this needs to be fixed.

If it wasnt for this site I wouldnt have learned about these quads as much as I have. Oldwarriorrider if you want and will let your son join I will be willing to take him under my wing and watch over him.

Ive given Alex some hell, but he knew it was in all fun and games. Hell he even got a kick out of pics I changed his avatar to!! LOL

I'm the administration on whatsapp and you mods ain't invited!!!!! Hahahahaha

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Seems to me if everybody respected everybody else we wouldn't have these problems. I know I've derailed a few times but I try not to do that anymore. I just enjoy learning from you guys and sharing what little knowledge I have.

hey guys and alex, not that ur not a guy lol-----im here to say sorry dude, but the last few months i seen drastic changes here so I kinda stayed away, when i finallly pop in you were there, but now i got the story, so id like to let it b and ask forgiveness, I WAS WRONG!!!! ill leave it that

I hate all the drama and bullshit. Threads getting shut down because of dumbasses, is rediculas.

If you don't have something good to say, don't say it at all.

Part of the problem is that this is the enterenet, and not everyone can tell how others are saying, or meaning, things to sound. Many times people are being sarcastic, or helpfull, and it is taken the wrong way because you cannot "read" what the person is saying.

Another problem is wording. You have to work things so that they get they not only get the point across, but that they can clearly be seen as humorous and not someone being an asshole.

If you don't like what someone is doing or asking, don't reply. Not too hard right? Apparently it is...

There have been times when someone verbally bitch-slapped another memeber because that member did not understand what was being asked/told/instructed of him, and they were viewed as being an idiot.

Yeah this forum has reached a low in negativeness over the last couple of months and I'm tired of people commenting on a new members post that are asking questions to fix there bikes and they are replying with smartass and non-helpfull comments

Am I missing something here?

Why are there personal things being brought into any of what goes on here to begin with? I mean, yeah I have made a ton of new fiends because of this site (which I consider you all to be) and a few personal friends but this site is for Warrior's and Rappy 350's, leave it to that. At its core, we need to keep things to Quad stuff. Its cool to throw in a human aspect to it all, I think that's what makes this site work and have such a good following, but bullying is a no go, here and out in the world. Its still life and you always have to be the bigger man in that situation. Anyways, I suppose I can be guilty of it (cant we all?) from a rare time to time, but being as I have been here the longest (for the most part, there are a few others of us from the old days still lurking) I see 1,000x's repeat questions that I typically ignore, but occasionally get bent on.....but its still strictly quad related.

All this being said, if you open your personal life up on here, be aware and prepared to get ANY response on it. It's a forum, it's how these things work. New members will get into the flow of thinsg evenchually. New posts get the attention they deserve on the level they deserve. Trolling should just be ignored, dont feed the trolls.

I've seen members come and go. Members of all types and from all over. Those of us that are here and have been here, and will be here for as long as its up and active, that truly value this site, are straight shooters to the topics at hand. Leave the BS and 95% of the off topic stuff to the FB where it belongs.

Enjoy the site. Learn something. Help someone. Ride on. = Real easy motto to live by on here.

Yes please if any of you have a problem, pm any of us. I was to keep this a friendly, down to earth helpful site. Some of you have pmd me already, and I've done my best to deal with the situation

hey guys and alex, not that ur not a guy lol-----im here to say sorry dude, but the last few months i seen drastic changes here so I kinda stayed away, when i finallly pop in you were there, but now i got the story, so id like to let it b and ask forgiveness, I WAS WRONG!!!! ill leave it that

You sir are forgiven. :tup:

I just dont come around to often anymore... seems like always some stupid ass thread started every 2 min and i got tired of looking through the stupid ones to get to the good ones. always someone fighting or pickig on someone and i just dont care to read that **** so just come to check a couple threads every 3 or 4 days.
maybe one of these days i'll get back around to staying on everyday. then again i may delete my account i just dont know

Back