Drive Chain Tension Loosening

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reactant

Reaction score
So every time I go on a ride, I find my chain is way loose. I always check it before I go and make sure it's good. What could be causing this?

How tight are your carrier and tensioner bolts? Have you installed a new chain/sprockets recently?

How tight are your carrier and tensioner bolts? Have you installed a new chain/sprockets recently?
On the left side tensioner, I had to tap and use a new bolt on because the hole was stripped. Carrier bolts are as tight as I could get 'em. I installed a "new" front sprocket a few days ago, meaning that I took off the 12t that was on it and switched it out with the stocker that the guy included. Looked in good condition, lots of tooth left. Never replaced chain or rear, but rear sprocket looks in good condition. Also, is the chain too tight when I push it straight and can hear the chain binding a bit in the front?

I usually run a ratchet strap from the skid to grab bar and pull it down close to bottoming the shock out, then run the take up bolts in. Then if ya run it too tight it ain't gonna start a **** storm after a few good jumps.

Latest posts

Back