Douglas rockstar wheels?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazed1

Reaction score
I was curious how well these hold up ,I would like to mount a pair of newer model wolverine tires on them?Btw what size rim is it that I need for a 03 wolverine with 23"s.

I think he's asking for rim sizes... and they are 12" rims. As for width, I think the only width available from most manufacturers are 7" - thus, you are at a 12"x 7" rim.

Next is back spacing - which I belive the backspacing on a wolverine (and many of the other yamahas and hondas are 5" backspacing on the front wheels and a 2" backspacing in the rear wheels - and what I mean by backspacing is the measurement from the outer edge of the wheel to the mounting surface for the wheel hub.

All that's left now is the bolt pattern for the wheel hubs. I believe the wolverine is 4x 110mm.

In terms of durability, I've slammed mine on rocks, railed them on trees, and they just shear a little off rather than deform the rim.

Best bang for your buck if you ask me. I ride ALOT of rocks, and these things really hold up well.

Carriloracing are you the guy who put wolverine 450 tires on your older 350?If so how well dou you like them and do they do half way decent in light mud and creek crossings vs stock?

my bad, I gotta enable notifications.. lol.

I did put the 450 stockers on the 350, and loved them till they were no longer good. Radials are really nice, and give good side bite in the corners. I just cant justify spending that kind of money on tires that I trash in a season. I have Carlisle 489's on both machines now.

I have rockstars on both wolverines now.. Awesome rim for the money.

As for how they perform in creek crossings and mud? well, they are light, didnt compare them to stock, but they are still light. They really shine on the rocks, as they "shear" slivers of the aluminum, instead of denting and going out of round.

One thing to note, is they essentially add 2" (+1" per side) of width to your quad. With stock rims and tires, I JUST fit between the wheel wells of a ford sporttrack. With the rockstars, I gotta put a tire on one of the wheel wells. (even when it was the stock 450 tires, because the rockstars are offset an inch)

Back