Dont really know Please help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterEnergyWarrior

Reaction score
so I did my rebuild I had warmed it up for 15 min and let it cool all the way down and now it seems to want to start really would like the help so I can break it in

well it is just rebuilt in the first place and you hit the start button and it will want to turn over but its hard to get it started since I had it warmed up this morning for the recommended 15 min so right now I have the battery charger on it last night it was dead so I don't know if its keeping charge or what it is an acid battery and I did just put water into it like the battery manual said so I don't know what it is doing help is appreciated.

So, is the battery turning the motor over at full speed? or is it turning over really slow?

Well, if the battery is spinning the motor over, then that should be fine. The next thing to try would to see if the motor is getting good fuel flow and good spark. I'm assuming you tried starting it both on and off choke. Make sure the choke is working good.

For us to tell you anything more, we really need more details on what the quad is actually doing when you try to start it. "hard to start" isn't really a great description. You need to give info like is it hard to start warm or cold? How long does it take to start? What type of motor mods do you have? Is your carb jetted for these mods? ... stuff like that. More info the better...

so what type of jets would I need the performance parts are hot cam 1 DID timing chain wiseco 84mm piston fmf megamax exhaust k&n air filter

so what type of jets would I need the performance parts are hot cam 1 DID timing chain wiseco 84mm piston fmf megamax exhaust k&n air filter
You'll have to try a range of jets. Probably 45 or 47.5 for pilot. As for main, I'd get everything between 150 and 160, including the two. jetsrus.com is a great site to get them at. Keep in mind if you're lean on one and rich a size up, you have the fuel mixture screw and needle clip you can adjust to hit in between. I recommend starting with the richest (biggest) jet and switching to smaller ones one size at a time.

Reactant basically hit the nail on the head. The only thing I would like to add is that being jetted lean (which you are, assuming you have stock jet sizes), makes starting hard.

so today I opened the carb and found out that they were stock size so I will be ordering some from jetrus.com Im guessing that is the best place to order them thanks for the help

so i opened the carb to find out that the last guy had stripped the pilot jet and could not get it out so i got another carb coming in this week and the jets so i will update u guys then

so i opened the carb to find out that the last guy had stripped the pilot jet and could not get it out so i got another carb coming in this week and the jets so i will update u guys then

I`ve had a few stripped pilots in the stock carb before. Get a left handed drill bit and it might grab it and spin it out.

well once you had said that I had ordered the carb but I will try it anyway but I wanted something new and make it my own.

well got the carb today and the jets so i guess i putt one in to small 152.5 and it wants to fire and i think it needs to be the next size jet up right

Latest posts

Back