Does this sound normal for the clutch?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
It seems like I have to let it almost all the way out before I start moving? Is there a way to make it a bit more sensitive so maybe 1/2 ways out it'll start grabbing? Is my clutch maybe going? Or maybe it's the oil being used? The clutch definitely grabs just wish I didn't have to let it out so far.

You can adjust the pull some by turning the hollow screw that goes around the clutch cable on the handlebars. I used to like the close pull, but since I have upgraded cables now, I like it to engage at the very end when its nearly all the way out. It just takes some getting used to. If that doesn't get it where you want it, move the arm that comes out of the top of the clutch cover forward a spline or two. You'll have to take the E-clip off to get it off.

Ok, wouldn't turning the screw just make it pull the clutch more without actually pulling the lever? Seems like it'd be loosening up your clutch more when it's fully released.

you can also look at the thread in Instructional Tutorials about putting an extra steel plate in your clutch mix

Back