DIRECT SHIFTER CHOICE????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmanz71

Reaction score
what is my best option for a direct shifter on my warrior??? i wear answer mx boots size 11 fits in the stock one fine but want to go direct any opinions???

YZ250. I wear size 10 and it works fine. Think your only choices are a YZ250 or YZ450/426. That or mod tour stock shifter to be a direct shifter.

yz 250 shifter is just a little bit longer than stock. Should fit you well. Like said i wear 10's and have no problems.

Can I ask what is the difference as in preference or better shift or what ?

i just bought a Tusk shifter from RM ATV (so i'll proly get it in about 2 weeks) how do i go about making it direct.

hehe......you take off the old one (and I suggest taking the whole thing off which includes the part connected to the footpeg) and then install the new one. Spend sometime setting to your foot height. If you ride with boots use them when setting it. Easy stuff!

im definetly going direct now that i rode one with. . My linkage is stripped and it came loose and was annoying to adjust to my foot. I got one coming as we speak.

Back