diferent motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blonka

Reaction score
I was wanting to put my rm250 motor in my warrior. Would this be hard to make it fit and would the rm250 motor be geared low enough to pull the warrior.

I'm sur you could make it fit by fabbing up some custom mounts and as far as the gearing goes you can always gear it down using the sprockets.

Thanks for the advice. The main thing im woried about is the clearence for the pipe.

What about radiators? Unless its old and etc.

The only problem besides the routing of things that i could see is the added stress on the clutch and motor. It was designed to pull a 200 lb dirtbike. Not a 420lb quad. But this could be made up for by adding a steel and stiffer springs or something along those lines.

Does anyone know where i could get some pics of a warrior with a diferent motor in it.

I'd just good buy a different quad if you want to go and stick a different motor in the dated warrior chassis.

I dont have the money. It would be cheaper to make the warrior faster by puting a diferent motor in it.

I have a 84 yz 490 with lots of issues ill go ahead and tell ya it would be hard to get in the frame the pipe is soo big compared to average 2 stroke's and the motor is really tall!! the rm motor would be FAST with the rite gearing and jetting..and im sure you could squeze a rad in there so little it would be hard maybe a lil tough but hard no!! go for it dude..

Latest posts

Back