diamond j custom, and YFZ front shocks?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior111

Reaction score
what do you guys think about a diamond J customs a arm widening kit, and yfz shocks?
the shocks wouldnt be to long, but im not to sure about the kit its self. what do you guys think?

It's not like putting on aftermarket a-arms. You still have the limited stock travel, the ball joints still aren't replacable, and although the kit is strong, it is extremely heavy, which to me that alone is enough reason to avoid it. The warrior has too much front end weight to begin with, it's just not in the best interest of performance to throw another 30 pounds right over the front wheels.

I'm not sure how the suspension geometry gets affected, but I would be concerned that the yfz shocks have more travel than the stock ones, and therefore would allow the a-arms to travel to more extreme angles than they were intended to before the bump stops on the shocks begin to limit the travel. That would be a good way to destroy a ball joint just from bottoming out a little. It's too rigged up for me, I like doing things the right way or not at all.

In addition, their piss poor solution to longer tie rods is just a tie rod extension that threads onto the stock one. Many of us with 10mm yamaha tie rods already know that they're a little weak to begin with, those extensions take that vulnerability up another notch and give you one more thing that can leave you stranded on the trail.

If you're on a low budget then just keep it stock. Cheap a-arms are hard to come by and you'll need aftermarket shocks to match or it'll perform worse than stock with the additional leverage on the stock shocks. Aftermarket front suspension is hard to come by cheap without knowing somebody that's selling it used.

You could flip the front wheels to widen it, that's the cheapest way to widen, but it still has it's share of disadvantages. For this to work you'll either need to get flush mount valve stems or drill new stems on the other side of the wheel and flip the original ones around backwards so they don't hit the brake caliper, and you still have the negative side effect of more leverage and stress on the shocks, ball joints, and tie rod ends. I had mine flipped for a year or so before I got the shits of breaking tie rod ends and getting tossed all over the place from the bump steer.

Latest posts

Back