Describe Your Riding Area

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
I ride down the side of the road to a little laneway which has 2 small ditches that has no water in them. they're is trees on the edges of those ditches but just small. theres like 2 main places where i just ride in and out of them and maybe get a few inches of air :) cause when i get out of them there is stuff in the fields so i dont have much room to jump. there is like a oval track around the ditches i ride in. doing doughnuts and stuff so my brother gets dust in his eyes when hes riding the go-cart :) and i cannot wait for the 49 acre farm to be cleared of all the beans so i can rip that **** up! and i am going to be making jumps so i can have some fun! I will put a shitty video up of when i first got my quad and you'll see where i ride. not showing the little incident that happend though! hahaha ::)

I got a bunch of riding areas. Close to home, I have about 8 acres of trails between my parents' property and a few of the neighbors. We have some tight technical trails with logs, big rocks, and tight turns that I can just barely make it through, then we have a faster trail that loops around with long stretches, turns perfect for sliding, and a small jumps in the straight sections. And i'm currently working on building a small motocross track, but I ran out of dirt for the ramps, so until I can get another load of fill ground, my mx track just has a big single, 2 bermed corners, and a small jump that lands in a g-out. Then out along the road I have a straight section, with a cool jump that instead of being mounded above ground level like a normal jump, we have it dug down into the ground. We'll race up the trail as a car comes up the road, and as the people in the car are staring at us, the quad gradually ends up about 3 feet below ground level, then pops back up into the air and glides for 15-20 feet. Kinda hard to explain, but it's fun and looks cool. That's one of the jumps in my vid I posted a few months ago. That's about it for the area that's right by my house. We have other spots within less than half a mile that I ride at occasionally, but I don't ride much around home anyways, I go to the big places like Rausch Creek and Paragon for the weekend as often as I can.

well lets see

my house 30 acres
has tight trails,with hills,rocks,and ruts,then i have my track,its like a figure 8 with out it intersecting,it has a table top and berms,we are going to make the table top bigger
my freinds
1.has a HUGE feild on the side of a hill(15 acres) it's pretty fun,there's this one jump he made at the top of this east but LONG hill climb,and we jump off that get around 20foot of air,lol

then my other freiind has this small track with 1 singe and 1 double
then he has these hill climbs that are unbeliable
he has thos one hill called banshee hill

it goes like / and curves

then the place i just started riding is HUGE,FUN,SANDY,everything you could imagie is down there
we figured its around 200-300 acres
the trails go up these hills with there HUGE 3foot deep rut's that you have to stradle,and theres tis one hill(well trail) that is kinda steep and has a rit all the way up,you HAVE to stay out of it or you will flip and there's a huge ROOT sticking out

then there are these natural table top's that are HUGE 1 we figured is round 70ft long
u get like 7foot off the ground,then there's this one LONG track that hasa jump going over a 4foot wide tree and you HAVE to make it,or bent frame

then the hill climbs coming out of the creek are just amazing

most of them co straight up,but there's thses to my freind on a 300ex made they go threw 3foot of water,then straight up for 20ft,and then it goes like a 110' angle,(im not bullshitin)

i TRYto get vid's but there's just SOOOO mcuch

I take a right out of my driveway, ride for about 20 seconds, then I end up at a small sandpit. Not many big hills or nothing but we have a nice track going around it. All soft sand but the town is ruining it by placing large piles of **** at the tops of hill climbs and basically just trying to drive me out of there, ever though they don't call the cops or ask me not to ride.

If I get bored, I can take a 5 minute ride down the road to the powerlines, which I can ride for at least 3 towns without being bothered. I usually just stay in my town which is about 8 miles long north to south. The powerlines I ride are all soft sand with whoops throughout. There are some trails you can duck off and ride as long as you don't get caught by the national park, but they're never out there anyway. My friends that race dirtbikes are working on a track out there thats turning out pretty good.

Besides the major riding areas, I ride a lot of the dirt backroads near my house that are fun to drift around.

A couple old pics I found of the powerlines I ride:

moreroads.jpg

access2.jpg

hill.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that place looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i could rife there,

your friggin lucky!!!!!!!!!!

you HAVE to get action pics in that!!!!!!!!

On our property in New York we have 36 acres with a big field, a lot of hill climbs, some mud holes (lots of fun) and some faster trails. Right behind our property is state land which no one can get to so we ride there and is a lot more technical slow stuff and hill climbs. Then across the street from us in NY, a hunting club leases like 800 acres from international paper and let us ride on that all year round except for november cuz of deer season.On that property there are some sick hill climbs and one of them is all mud all the time its so sick. There are also a lot of creek crossings. There is this natural jump made out of rock as you come out of a turn, you get a couple feet of air then you hit this long straight where i can top out in 5th gear then slow down because theres a road. Then i can ride down the dirt road for like a mile and loop back on this other trail that is slow technical rock crawling stuff and come back to the same trail as before. Kinda hard to explain. It kinda sucks because about 2 years ago IP logged all the land and tore all the trails up but they're slowly coming back. Then theres too much to talk about. i described maybe a quarter of it. Ill get some pics of it when i go up in 3 weeks.

You guys are lucky. I live just outside Chicago and quads are something city boys just dont get into. The only place I ride are some ATV parks that are about a 5 hour round trip drive away (Rocky Glen OHV in Rockford Illinois, The Cliffs insane terrain, and Fox Valley offroad park). I only get to ride 1-3 days a month but its still worth all the money, time, and bullshit. Next time you guys feel sorry for yourselves remember me, Ive got no place near my house to ride. Then again my quad gets more use than my snowmobiles!

my uncles place which i ride at is 15 mins away from my house. not bad! wish it was in my backyard so i could ride all the time! but im lucky if i go out everyweekend. cause all of the effing rain!:mad:

yeah, i talked to my mom and she said that gopher dunes wasnt that far away and maybe next summer we'll go out there! the way my mom was talking, it really sounded like it could happen! woohoo, LOl, can't wait!

yeah, i talked to my mom and she said that gopher dunes wasnt that far away and maybe next summer we'll go out there! the way my mom was talking, it really sounded like it could happen! woohoo, LOl, can't wait!

good stuff man, if your headed to gopher dunes I'd meet up with ya there for sure, do some power laps and such. If you get bored of the track theres always a shitload of trails around here too. I really couldn't show you them all in one day, theres that many.

I used to have endless trails, now i am almost confined to the 12 acres my parents own.

Theres a riding area with 200+ miles of trails opening sometimes this month though. Would make a nice place to have a YFM meet for everyone in the new york/pa/virginia area, that is if yuo guys are up for it. I believe there will be free camping and all that good stuff.

hmmmm, a YFM meet up eh, sounds like a plan. Where is this place? I gotta mapquest it to see how many hours I'd have to drive.

good stuff man, if your headed to gopher dunes I'd meet up with ya there for sure, do some power laps and such. If you get bored of the track theres always a shitload of trails around here too. I really couldn't show you them all in one day, theres that many.

you sure you'd wanna ride around with a 14 year old kid? well i'd be 15 next year. but i'd love to ride anywhere away from where i ride now. no jumps for me yet. thinking of bringing a shovel next time and spending some time making jumps. but dont know when that will be. effing rain! :mad:

[quote:iiwnita7]good stuff man, if your headed to gopher dunes I'd meet up with ya there for sure, do some power laps and such. If you get bored of the track theres always a shitload of trails around here too. I really couldn't show you them all in one day, theres that many.

you sure you'd wanna ride around with a 14 year old kid? well i'd be 15 next year. but i'd love to ride anywhere away from where i ride now. no jumps for me yet. thinking of bringing a shovel next time and spending some time making jumps. but dont know when that will be. effing rain! :mad:[/quote:iiwnita7]

yeah the rain certainly has put a beating on the trails....oh yeah and the 4x4 guys who ride in the rain and rut the trail out, those ass clowns.

I have a few little trails around my house, nothing special. Most of my riding takes place at the Ganaraska Forest and occasionally at the Northumberland forest. Ganaraska is wide and open and you can go full speed 90% of the time. Northumberland is a little smaller and has a massive area full of jumps. You could say its about 4 mx tracks all thrown in together. I want to head down to gopher dunes some day and check it out.

Latest posts

Back