Decent inexpensive helmet?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
So I'm looking for a helmet and been browsing eBay a bit. I don't have a ton to spend right now so looking for something a bit inexpensive. I'm just curious do you guys normally stick to anything DOT approved for ATV's/Motocross? There are some awesome helmets I'd love to get but 300-400 I can't do right now lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PGR-...Merchandise&hash=item4cf8933f04#ht_3284wt_939

Something like this maybe?

damn, I did have a really nice expensive Oneal helmet a while back that sat on the shelf for years. Day late and a dollar short Holmes.

Yeah figures lol. I need to find a tape and measure my head I guess figure out what size I need. I've never bought an ATV helmet before.

Well I found some on ebay that are ending soon, looks like according to the size chart and my head measurement I need a large. The ones I found on ebay are used, but if I can get them cheap it'll work. Otherwise I'll have to go for something else for now and upgrade to an HJC after I get my storage shed built. We need storage desperately lol.

How snug should the helmet fit? I bought one on ebay that was nearly new for like 25 bucks, but it feels pretty snug. I just measured my head and then went by HJC's chart.

It doesn't hurt lol, it's just pretty snug. The person I got it from didn't use it much so maybe it'll loosen up more over time?

Back