DeadLast got himself a new (to him) whip!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
Don't have any pictures of it yet, it's filthy, like layer or baked on caked on filth filthy and has taken me 4 solid weekends to get it back in action, but anyone wanna take a guess as to what I got?

Clues: Its a 98, It's TURBO'd :slayer:, a wagon, and AWD.

The damn thing sat for 4years untouched. I cleaned 7 dead mice out of it and numerous mice nests, tore the engine apart, replaced a ton of interior plastic pieces of crap, cut a hole in the floorboard and redid the entire brake system over the last month of weekends. FINALLY drove it tonight. More info and pics to follow.

Come on dead, tell us so I can go to bed. I'm dead on my feet and have to work in the morning.

Yeah, and I'm going to bed. Legs are still sore as **** from Friday's ride, and I go back to work tomorrow.

Yeah no **** dude! lol. I hate when one comes in the shop. I'll never own a european car. Not even if I won one. Subaru's are super easy to work on, and hardly ever require more then normal maint. Timing belts are a cake walk. Biggest issues I can think of that they have is, leaking valve cover gaskets, and the wind noise. Alothoug, I have replaced a number of coils on them.

Welp, surprisingly no one guessed it, you guys are falling off your game. Tisk Tisk

I got a 98 Volvo V70XC AWD. First "luxury" car I've ever owned. So far its been a pain in the ass, but now that all the fixes are behind me, I think I like it.

It has a sticky intake valve on cylinder #2. It was so bad the damn thing wouldn't start until I took the cam cover off (which on this car has NO cam blocks!!!! egh) and tapped the valve with a rod a few times them threw it all back together.

2012-11-17_14-29-29_434.jpg

2012-11-17_15-35-14_465.jpg

First it was no fuel, in in order to fix that without taking the entire back end off the car, I cut an access panel in the floor board. Still had to drop the tank a little but not that bad. Fixed the fuel pump, the it finally worked, welp, till a hard line went bad, fixed that then too.

121110_0001.jpg

121110_0003.jpg

121110_0005.jpg

121110_0006.jpg

121110_0008.jpg

121110_0009.jpg

121110_0011.jpg

The brakes were seized but luckly had new rotors. Got those resurfaced and rebuilt some junkyard calipers. The thing moves finally.

Other headaches were the guy the owners had tow it over to my shop, dented the front passenger fender and got blood all of it, inside and out. NOT on my leather man!! Then my grandmother backed into it.

121110_0002.jpg

It sucked but it worked out. Her insurance gave me $1,250 for that hit, of which I bough a perfect tail light for $15 from the junkyard, slapped that in and used the rest to buy the car!

Is this the engine that has like 60 bolts that hold the valve cover on?

Volvos are built like tanks! I had one once. Beat the **** out of that thing and it wouldn't die! My ex gf finally killed it when she bounced off a guardrail three times. Great cars! She was fine by the way....radio hit me in the face though....

Back