Damn Bearings!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd

Reaction score
Yesterday me and my cousin tried to change my axle bearings and it was a pain in the ass. The one bearing came out no problem but the other one was a bitch. We completley destroyed it trying to get it out and we didnt even get the whole thing out. So my cousin took the carrier to his dads shop to get it out and hopefully i can get it back together this weekend.

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg
whats left of the old bearings

DSCN0358.jpg
new sprockets and x-ring chain.

DSCN0356.jpg
noss machine bar clamp

I love that bar clamp..I've been thinking about getting one for a little while...

I'll have the pleasure of going thru the same thing as soon as my new bearings come in. Damn bike is only a year old and already I gotta go thru this crap :mad:

Couple tips:

Place your bearings in the freezer over night- in the back, not on the door. It will make them contract ever so slightly so they will go in the carrier easier.

Also, use something approximately the same diameter of the bearings to tap them into the carrier.

Lastly, while the thing is apart, now is the perfect time to adda grease fitting to the carrier. Just make sure the threaded part of the fitting is not onger than the thickness of the carrier.

Been there done that mine was extrealy bad mine is a 1997 and the guy befor me rode it with it just griding metal on metal ,it would also go to a point were it would spin then lock up. When me and my dad took it apart the carrier was ripped up inside and trashed were it was compleat garbage the bearings fused to the carrier its self it was teh bigest pain in the ass Besides doing my Swingarm bearing (nother bad situation) that i have done to the bike. But a new carrier and berrings later it was fixed.

Some tips~
like 2xtreme insatll a gresse zerk on the carrier, if you dont load the thing up with gresse good.
Also when i did mine i also replaced the Axle carrier bolts you may want to replace yours if they are bad to save urself from further problems. i think they are 10 bucks each at your local yamaha deler.

Good Luck
~Eddie

My cousin took the carrier to his dads shop and hes gonna put the bearings in it for me to make my life easier. He knows all the little tricks and has every tool imagineable so he should have no problem with it.

what bend are those bars??how do you like the front tires?how do they wear?? sweet warrior

the bars are pro taper se atv high bend. the front tires are good, they have good grip and were only like 40 or $45 a piece. I dont know how they wear cuz i only had them since may and havent been able to ride much at all with them.

Latest posts

Back