Cutting Front Fenders?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooner

Reaction score
I have gave this a lot of thought and i just want some help. How does cutting your fenders affect riding up in the woods, mud, rocks, etc? I couldn't imagine it making a huge difference in the sand but the woods are what im worried about.

you will definatly notice more shat flying at you when going throu the slop.. depending how much you trim out..

Yupp! Stock is as good as it gets as far as keepin the mud off yah. soon as you cut, that crap gets all over the place. Cutting is just for looks. For whatever reason, I tend to think that warriors get dirtier then most other quads anyways. I can ride in a pack, everyone going through the same stuff, and I always come out the muddiest?

Haha sounds exactly like my previous experience.

I took off the 2" strip around my front fenders and they was def more mud hitting me. but it looks better for one and if I were to buy extended a arms, wheel spacers, or flip my rims it would be the same way without cut fenders. I can see my front wheels so I figure when I widen my front end it shouldn't be much worse. Besides mud is all part of the fun of trail riding.

I took off the 2" strip around my front fenders and they was def more mud hitting me. but it looks better for one and if I were to buy extended a arms, wheel spacers, or flip my rims it would be the same way without cut fenders. I can see my front wheels so I figure when I widen my front end it shouldn't be much worse. Besides mud is all part of the fun of trail riding.

^^ yep did the same thing and was thinking the same thing when i did it

i put extensions on my fenders.. i like to be spotless when i get done.. sometimes i cant fit on the trails thou and just ride in circles in the open areas.. but at least i dont have ot to laundry when i get home...

love mine, but shouldn't have cut the stockers. if you decide to buy an extra set.

haha i think ill just keep them. it would be nice for the dunes but i do more trail riding. and they dont look that bad... thanks guys :D

If I only road the dunes I would take the whole secondary color off the fenders but since this is a multipurpose quad I left some leg protection

Heres what I usually look like after a ride. Muddy trails or not..

P3270017.jpg

Makes having that graphix kit seem kinda pointless. Hahahaha

Latest posts

Back