CUSTOM REAR RACK FOR 06-07 450 (SOON AVALIBLE FOR SALE)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireman69

Reaction score
I will be finishing my rear rack soon and will try to post pics on here of it on my '06 wolverine, im building it out of square tube and trying to make it match the fender lines, the ones i have seen so far look way out of place on the wolverine....so when its done ill post some pics and look forward to your opinions......cya

Im trying to decide on the coating, rhino or powder coat.....not sure yet which i will do.......may rattle can so its a easy fix if gets messed up....but how likely am i to mess it up with the first two options? decisions decisions

the rack so far

i have the rack all welded up and mounted, to see how it looked, i like it alot!!! im back on duty at the fire station saturday so ill probably finish it then. i will put a pic on hear as soon as i figure out how.....

Rhino or Power Coat? hmmmm.

Since my rear rack sees a soft sided rear pack for each and every Colorado trip, I know there will be lots of rubbing between the bag and the rack - you just can't anchor them tight enough to get no movement. Yes, I'd have opted for a hard box in the back, but the thought of that same box rolling over me in the event of a machine upset didn't sit kindly with me as I'd likely already have a rock on one side and a hard spot on the other just didn't seem like the right answer.

Back on track - since a soft bag was the answer, I wanted as much "stick" between the bag and the rack as I could get - thus, a rhino type coating seemed fitting. I ended up buying a rattle can of Dupli-Color's Bed coating for trucks. It goes on easy, gives a semi tacky finish and looks good. Plus, after each ride to the Rockies, I take the bag off and re-shoot any areas that have rubbed themselves back down - thus, pretty easy to self maintain.

PC is an option, but you don't get the tacky finish I was after. My gear needs all the help it can get when the only smooth road the quad sees in Colorado is a highway - and at those times, it's on the trailer or in the back of the truck - The other end of the spectrum I ride is like navigating volley balls and basket balls to climb over washers and dryers.

coating

my thoughts exactly, i also opted for the dupli color bed lining....got 2 cans this morning......as soon as i can ill get some pics up of the rack

The duplicolor works pretty good you can look at my pics of the front rack and rear rack on my wolvy. It is in the showroom.

its done and i thik i have the pics right......try it too see

post79_1.jpg

post79_2.jpg

Extremely nice job - it does blend well and looks like an OEM part.

One suggestion though and maybe I'm wrong - but it looks like the mounts running from the rack to the quad are only 1/8" x 1" flat stock. If this is true, might I suggest replacing it with at minimum some 1" x 1" x 1/8" angle iron or better yet, some 1" square tubing. The problem with the flat stock is that it can not take a side load.

i thought about it but i didnt want to modify the factory plastic....due to the fact that i am thinking about making a few and most want a direct bolt on....it is very sturdy like it is......i can drag the bike around with it and it dosent give any,,,,,

Hello

New member to the group. Just bought a 07 Wolverine and am looking for a 'real' rear and front rack for it. I saw that fireman69 had made a rack and was wondering if he had them for sale yet. Or, are there any other companies someone may have found besides CMP?

Thanks

I just got a 2007 wolverine 450 SE, and I was surprised when I saw that it had a small rack on the back. For you 2006+ guys does yours have a really small rack, or just nothing? I was wondering if anyone made a full width rack that mounted to the small one.

just looked at the rear of mine now, and I wouldn't call it a rear rack, it's just the bar. For some reason I thought it was different (haven't even gotten to ride the wolverine yet). :)

rear rack

sorry guys, i have taken my rear rack design to 4 diff. machine shops in my area, they want a min. of 20 racks to build them, im not ready to make that kind of commentment with only haveing 2 guys intrested.....sorry guys.........

Ok the CMP racks that you are talking about if you want a pic of what they look like either message me or here is the front rack installed
CMPRACKS.jpg

cstateusa1, I would love to see a better picture of the rack if you have a chance to get one. Do you like the front rack? Do you have the rear rack on also? is it the same size as the front, do you like it as well? thanks

Latest posts

Back