Cranshaft?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle713

Reaction score
i plan to rebuild my engine by the end of this year and i was looking at Hotrods.com and was wondering would it be worth it to buy a crankshaft? would i notice a difference in power? oh and its a 1993 so would it be a good ideas to get one just because its 21 years old? This might seem like a dumb question but I'm 15 years old and trying to learn all about this stuff. so i would to hear what you guys think thanks.

yep just have the stock crank trued and a new connecting rod installed if the bearing and thrust washers are not within the specified tolerances

The only time you'll notice a difference in power with a crank is if you change the displacement. I had a stock stroke hot rods crank in mine and it ran just like it had a stock crank in it. I'm 15 too lol good to learn early

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

If your stock crank is worn out, have it rebuilt with a Versah rod and call it a day.

first time i split the cases the forks and everything went everywhere so i got pissed off and left it...lol ill get around to finishing that motor one day

How will I know if it's worn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look in the downloadable manual it will explain how to do so.

As for hot rods, I wouldn't do that, pat threw his crank fast and I've blown 2 wiseco cranks to pieces. So a rebuilt factory one will be best. That is what I run with no complaints.

Hotrods has been known for having quality issues in the last several years. My rod bearing went faster then it should have. The +4 crank is tempting, and after having run one for nearly a year, then going back to stock crank with higher comp and a minor gearing change... stick with the stock crank. The power increase is minimal at best. And, Vesrah makes many of the rods, gaskets, valves, etc... for the mfgs. It's only after so many years/units in production that Vesrah is allowed to market it's own replacement parts.

Yep when I had the stock crank trued and rebuilt for #5 I had a Vesrah rod installed

I've never had a problem with my HotRods crank and I've ran it for a year in a half. Also ran HotRods in my jetskis they have been in for 5 years and no problems and dirt bikes too. So!?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back