Covid-19 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC97Warrior

Reaction score
Hello everyone form Fuquay Varina NC. With the covid and working from home I have been restoring a 1997 warrior. I picked it up fro 500$ and am slowly cleaning it up. Tell me what you think. and suggestions are welcome. So far its on clean up and replace worn parts.
1592660659399.png1592660706927.png1592660786142.png1592660859236.png

Looks great. Im in Wake Forest and rebuilt my '92 this spring also. Still have a few finishing touches to do to it.

For now my neighbor has a field behind his house that theyll be putting a subdivision in eventually. They cleared a lot but are working on a section further away from his house. I plan to check out Busco Beach and Hollister ATV park sometime this summer. Need to get the carb tuned correctly first.

Is there anywhere to ride out your way?

I pretty much ride like you at the moment. I don't trust my front ball joints that much yet. The previous owner really bought it and just ran it till it stopped.

Next on the list is front arms, rods and tires. Mine was flipped and have replaced a lot of bent parts. Ebay has been my friend. Where is Hollister ATV Park?

example the ATV had the original chain on it still.....

https://deepcreekatv.com/

Hollister ATV park
35895 HWY 561
Hollister, North Carolina

I picked mine up from my brother two years ago. It sat untouched for 6 months before i brought it home. He had traded for another 4 wheeler he had, and like yours was rode hard and put up wet.

Definitely look into getting a case saver, if the chain breaks theres a good chance it will crack the case when it slings around. When i got mine it was broken and patched with JB weld. I split the cases and had it welded up, and installed a case saver to prevent it happening again.

Hey man for 500$ that thing is in great shape. And for the case saver there’s a lot of sites that have sum but I had jdscustoms.com make me a few things he will make you anything you want just email JD Steinmetz he’s the owner he’s a cool dude he will take care of you just have to give him dimensions and a pic of what you want

drwperformanceatv.com for the best case saver available for the warrior/raptor 350

Works connection makes them but not sure if they are making them for the warrior anymore
You could email them and see

I ended up going with DRW Case saver and sprocket guard. Getting the studs out to put it on is a real B**** so its not done yet.
1628015610198.png

NCwarrior nice looking machine. Just started on one myself. Is yours running good. Stock motor?? Other plans

Yeah it runs great now... stock motor Carb Rebuild with the pen spring mod. I cant decide I kinda like that stock look but the stock ride is the pits.

I have done the banshee rear link so it sits up and steers better. Replaced a bunch of parts from the previous owners rollover (Steering stem Bars bushings). II do keep looking at arms and YZF shocks

Yeah it runs great now... stock motor Carb Rebuild with the pen spring mod. I cant decide I kinda like that stock look but the stock ride is the pits.

I have done the banshee rear link so it sits up and steers better. Replaced a bunch of parts from the previous owners rollover (Steering stem Bars bushings). II do keep looking at arms and YZF shocks
Get rid of the banshee link, you're just screwing up the progression rate of your rear suspension.

Latest posts

Back