Couple updated pics of the Harley

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
I've basically chromed everything, tore the motor appart and repainted the heads and cylinders, put the 1250 big bore kit in, she's making close to 80 HP now without head work.

Picture200-1.jpg

Picture201-1.jpg

Picture202.jpg

New Narrow Glide 12" apes
Picture178-2.jpg

My Pop and I going for a ride, he has a 1988 883 hugger
Picture176-1.jpg

Looks great man.....I actully just got back from ridin, my friends dad has an extra bike, Suzuki Savage, been ridin that around all day, Fun stuff! I really need to get a bike and soon!

my cousin has a sexy ass lil '03 LE 883 sportser with keith black reverse dome hi comp pistons and a 1250 kit on it. gonna put a buell top end on it next spring... it's been turnned into a bobber :D lowerd 1 inch
he's gotta honda shadow and a klr650 too :p.

warriorgirl09 said:
my cousin has a sexy ass lil '03 LE 883 sportser with keith black reverse dome hi comp pistons and a 1250 kit on it. gonna put a buell top end on it next spring... it's been turnned into a bobber :D lowerd 1 inch
he's gotta honda shadow and a klr650 too :p.
Yeah if he put the 04 up 1200R or the buell heads which are the same thing, he's lookin at about 85-90HP depending on what cams he has, at that point I'd add some SE 497 or SE 536s. The 497s come stock in the Buell Thunderstorms.

deadlastracing said:
^ When did all this go down?
Little over a month ago, Harley decided as it was cleaning house to axe a lot of **** that didn't sell well. The 1125R was an awsome bike, and had loads of potential, but it didn't sell well, and Harley knows it can't compete with with the Big Jap 4 on the Sportbike market. The Big 4 sell about 25,000 bikes each in the US a year, Buell was lucky to break 5000 a year. Compare that with 150,000 Harley's sold in the USA in 08, so it was a no brainer. In the process Harley obsoleted thousands of older parts, whichs sucks if you have an older H-D, now you have to buy shitty tiawanese imported ****.

SO did someone else pick up the Buell brand? I can only image how much the floor models are going for by now. But if there phased out, no sense in buying one, getting parts would be a bitch. I kinda always wanted a Buell Lighting too.

Anyway I picked up this 1976 Sporty 1000 for $800 bucks to have a project and build a bobber.

Picture326.jpg

Picture327-1.jpg

Picture329.jpg

I've since put a stock peanut tank on with a set of 18" apes, not feelin the bars though, and have pulled the motor for a complete rebuild, I'm also converting this bike to kickstart.

Picture035-1.jpg

Picture034-2.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Here is the motor in it current phase, the heads and barrals are out getting done, next will be the lowend.
Picture022.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture523.jpg

Installed the Kickstart ratchet plate
Picture520.jpg

4 Speed tranny
Picture492.jpg

Nasty pitting found in the cylinders
Picture029-2.jpg

Heads definitly leaked
Picture026-2.jpg

deadlastracing said:
SO did someone else pick up the Buell brand? I can only image how much the floor models are going for by now. But if there phased out, no sense in buying one, getting part would be a bitch. I kinda always wanted a Buell Lighting too.
Erik Buell said he will go at it alone, unfortionately Harley owns all the patents now, so Buell will have to go back to buying Harley engines. Right now he's concentrating on racing the 1125R, so we'll see what happens in the coming months.

Yes Harley had deeply discounted all Buells and are reqired to provide parts and service for a minimum of seven years. I've seen 1125s going for $7000 brand new.

Latest posts

Back