Cost & Difficulty of repairing front axle bearings?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

We have an 05 Wolverine 350. The front axle bearings are bad, and we may need a new diff kit as well. Anyone have any idea regarding the difficulty of repairing these and or cost for parts and repair? Please help.

Thanks!!!

Lady Wolverine

Hi,
Sinned on 06-10-08 had a post & Glenn replied with a real nice write-up. When I did mine, didn't press off upper a-arm as I un-bolted from frame & left it attatched to the spindle. A little awkward but manageable. Put spindle in vice & cut a 2x4 to support other end and pound bearings downward. It's not bad at all. If front diff. is anything like the rear:Remove, unbolt case drive bearings out. I didn't need to do the pinion bearing as mine was o.k. there is a lot to "setting up" a new pinion bearing so you might want to get a cd for the specs. New bearing & seal kits are very affordable. Example: Dennis Kirk Pivot Works front wheel bear kit #12-1697 $48.00 Didn't look for a differential bearing kit. Good luck & have fun.

Back