Cooling fan mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out a nice way to put air scoops on my Raptor so I rigged up a cooling fan. I am not sure if the fan I am using is water proof so I made it where I can take it off and unplug it easily. All the steps will work on a Warrior as well and there is actually more room on the uprights on the Warrior. The Raptor has the fender brace in a different spot and it is almost right in the way. Anyway here is the link to the procedure:

Fan mod

Looks good. Would be very helpful for trail rides where you don't move much air over the head...But does it make a difference? ie, do you happen to have a non contact thermometer for a test?

you do some damn clean work Midway did you just wire it direct to battery with an in line fuse and toggle?

you do some damn clean work Midway did you just wire it direct to battery with an in line fuse and toggle?

Yes sir I did. I never cut into original wiring. Quads have enough electrical problems without someone adding to the misery.

The toggle switch can be seen in the one pic. It is mounted on the lip of the plastic on the gas tank cover just above the cam cover.

Nice. I like the broom mounting clips. Smart. I got the same fan, but i plan to mount mine behind the oil cooler pulling air through with will also be pushing air towards the head. I have to make some mounting tabs thou, plan to weld them onto the frame.

I haven't looked, but do you know if those fans will take a hit of water without damaging them? I have about 4 of them. At one time I had one mounted in the top of my computer, but it was too loud so took it out. They really move some air!!!

By the way Dead, one of your early posts on using these fans was what inspired me to use it for this purpose.

what size fan is it 4 inch or 3

120mm (4 3/4"), 12 volts DC, .46 amps (5.5 watts), ball bearing. I tried but can't find a CFM rating on it. Whatever CFM it flows it is plenty. Way too loud for my computer tower. I had to take it out because I couldn't sleep for all the noise it made. On the ATV it moves a considerable amount of air even without any kind of shroud.

Last edited:
Grainger has them but they are pricey there. Mine are computer server fans and I don't think they are water proof. Do a search for 120mm Axial Fans. Waterproof ones are $50-$60. I found some that were around $20 but not waterproof.

Thanks man so far grainger is all I'm seeing lol I'm gonna check some local supply shops whEn I get back to the city

There ya go!! Nice find!! I put them in my saved seller list so when the water kills mine I can get one.

Thanks dragon I'll be ordering that tomorrow :D :nanner:

Although I'm curious it says 24v is that gonna work on our 12v system

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back