Considering a few different tires for my 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine350rider

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking at getting new tires for my wolverine. Probably going to get 25", as there are not too many 23/x/12's around. Im considering these ones-

ITP Holeshot ATRs (My dad has these on his grizzly 660)
itp-holeshot-atr.jpg

ITP Mudlite ATs
itp_mudlite.jpg

Maxxis All Traks
All_Trak.jpg

Maxxis Sur Traks
m_sure_trak_175.jpg

Kenda Bear Claw EXs
ken_06_tir_bea_cla_ex_rea.jpg

I want to keep it as sporty as possible, with weight and handling being my biggest conserns. What do you guys run on your 350's and how do you like them?

John

I went with 25" Kenda BearClaws for 2 reasons: they're an outstanding tire and they run small. They only measure out at 24". Kenda's website says they are 24.2" tall and my tape measure says 24" even. Some people complain about BearClaws running smaller than their stated size, but I consider it a plus. I got a great performing tire and lost very little to no power in the process.

Itp Mudlite

Hi wolverine350rider,

Before buying the 25" Itp Mudlite for my Wolverine, I looked at a list of possible tires that was very similar to yours. I rejected both the Maxxis since they are only 2 ply. The stock tires on the Wolverine are also 2 ply and a lot of people have experienced punctures with them, including me :?. On my previous Atv, I had Kenda Bearclaw and I can attest that they are very good. I went with the Mudlite because I wanted to have the lightest tires possible.

I love my Mudlite tires even if I have noticed a drop in acceleration and power. The biggest disadvantage is when the rpm of the engine drops (example a hill) you need to downshift a little bit earlier. Also this winter, there has been a couple of times when I couldn't shift the fifth gear since the engine didn't had enough power :(. This was compensated by the fact that I was able to go through much deeper snow without getting stuck :D.

thanks guys, Im pretty sure ill be ordering a set of mudlites tomorrow. That will bring me clsoe to $2000 spent in accesories.... WOW!!! lol

Not running them anymore but out of all listed...My vote would be the Mudlites. I had 25's on mine for around 6months. I mostly ride mud so I upgraded. When I was running them they seemed to do well (keeping up with my buddies zillas lol most of the time) He would tell you different!!! I feel 6ply or bust (which they are). The only thing that I didnt like about them is they seem to wear pretty quickly (that might be my fault!!). Good tire non the less!!!! There is a ebay store online you can get them for around $215 (I believe) and free shipping. I think the seller was motoXoutlet or something like that......Thats where I got mine.

I'm running 23" ITP 489s on my Wolverine. I wanted something that was close to stock due to the Wolverine only being a 3500cc machine. I've been very happy with the 489s.

ITP 25" Mudlites on my Wolverine and Kenda 25" Bearclaws on my girlfriend's.....I like the traction of the Mudlites better than the Bearclaws (not by much though) but I like the beadlock feature of the Bearclaws...it's a toss-up for me :D

Glenn said:
I'm running 23" ITP 489s on my Wolverine. I wanted something that was close to stock due to the Wolverine only being a 3500cc machine. I've been very happy with the 489s.
I wish I had a 35 Hundred CC machine!!! Don't ya just love typographical errors??? :lol:

Jaxom said:
Glenn said:
I wish I had a 35 Hundred CC machine!!! Don't ya just love typographical errors??? :lol:

LMAO! Yeah a 3.5 liter ATV would be pretty sweet! It may weight a lot though. :lol:

I went with 25" Maxxis Mud-Bugs. Very heavy, and a lot-more aggressive tread than I anticipated (they don't look half as aggressive in the pictures as they really are)! They were, however, very cheap! I'll let you know how they perform...

I went with the Mud Lite XTR, a more aggressive tread patern and radial design, they claim that the foot print actually "grows" under load. Its an awesome tire, just not for a 350cc bike. The day I picked them up at the dealership, there was a set of regular 25" mudlites mounted on steel rims on the showroom floor, the one XTR weighed more than the mounted regular mudlite. If I could do it over, I'd get either interco swamplites or regular mud lites.

I had some 25" mudlite with the deep traction lugs. They were great in the mud, but too heavy in my opinion for aggresive trail riding. I took them off the Wolverine and put them on my Honda Foreman and they are a better match for it. Anybody try the Holeshot ATR's?

I have the ATRs on now.. but have yet to put them on a trail. I'll give a report after the above is no longer true. lol

Latest posts

Back