Cobra exhaust sucked, went back to stock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
My Warrior had a Cobra exhaust on it when I bought it. I never liked how loud and crappy it sounded. Wisconsin finally passed a sound law which made me switch back to stock and I definitely like it better than the Cobra. I was always leery of reving my motor b/c it made a clanging noise that sounded like valves floating. Well that noise is gone now. I do need to drop the needle in the carb one slot because its running too rich. I think the guy who owned it before me adjusted the carb too far when he put on the pipe. One last thing, my quad idles much better now. It must be due to the mixture but it would always die before at idle and now it holds ~2000 rpm with no problem.

Rack up one more vote against Cobra exhaust.....

Well I didn't buy the Cobra exhaust so I can't say that I "Learned my Lesson". But I sure as hell won't ever buy another one.

Always use a good exhaust or none at all. Stick to WB eseries, HMF, Pro Circuit, or Yoshi for the warrior motor. There are a few other good ones, but those are your leading contendors. All of the above have good quiet core inserts that you can install that'll keep your db level down, and also still provide a much better powerband.

Back