Clutch springs???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolvyRida

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been doin some research and have found that upgrading the clutch springs in my 04 wolvy is an inexpensive mod (around 20 some bucks including gasket) and was wondering how much this will help?? I've seen ppl say that it will help with more low end grunt which would be really nice, would love to be able to wheelie without holding the shift lever up when goin into first from nuetral n droppin it when rev'd up which is terrible on the gears I'm sure and why i have refrained myself from doin so anymore lol Not expecting to be able to pull it up like a sport tho, jus wondering what I can expect with this mod and maybe some more advice on cheap mods as I don't have much of a budget at the moment. Thank you and will appreciate any advice!!!

I'm curious about the same thing. I imagine it would be like a drag car with a high stall speed torque converter (engaging at a higher RPM). Anyone??

Wolvy, I have pretty much the same power mods as you and no winch, it's still real hard to get the front wheels off the ground. I did get some low end improvement when I dropped from 9 discs to 6 in my FMF megamax can. How many discs are you running in that supertrap?

I forget but I jus took them out recently to try n find a rattle inside the pipe and ended up breaking all 3 of those thin allen bolts that hold em in there, drilled small holes in the thing that the bolts thread into and used drywall screws so I'm not takin it apart again lol

Did that pro flo adapter make much of a difference? I'd like to get one but don't have an extra $100 to throw at that area lol

It was a good improvement for me because I had a stock filter before I put it in. You prob wouldn't notice any if you already have a k&n, it's just a much better fit. Filter attaches with a hose clamp so you can use that style k&n or high flo foam filter, which i use.

clutch spring only help your seciondary clutch to not slip when you boost the engine , it will help to not eat your clutch disk too

I see, then why do I see everywhere that it will help with more low end grunt by engaging at a higher rpm? For as cheap as it is I think I'm gonna still try it out, if nothing else it will save my clutch like u said.

there is 2 type of clutch spring, primary and secondary, primary clutch spring can help to engage the primary clutch at a given rpm

Latest posts

Back