Clutch springs torque

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Hey guys, just putting the clutch back together and the torque specs are like 48in/lbs. A freakin in/lbs torque wrench is $75. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it right without having to take it to a shop. Death, this should be your response, "Torque wrenches are for pussies" whats your secret?
Thanks

I got a $20 torque wrench on ebay to do my clutch and it worked fine. Why do you think you need a $75 one?

Hey guys, just putting the clutch back together and the torque specs are like 48in/lbs. A freakin in/lbs torque wrench is $75. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it right without having to take it to a shop. Death, this should be your response, "Torque wrenches are for pussies" whats your secret?
Thanks

I remember pretty well how well they were torqued on there when I took them off and I can replicate those torque specs pretty easy by now. I know what certain torques "feel" like.

[quote:i7yiwiz2]I got a $20 torque wrench on ebay to do my clutch and it worked fine. Why do you think you need a $75 one?

yeah, my dad spent like 200 on 2 electronic ones that we never used[/quote:i7yiwiz2]

Easy there, Spaz.... we haven't needed 'em.

They'll get used plenty on the build-up after powdercoating!

Nawww... I buy tools just for the hell of it sometimes; just gives a man that good feeling. Who the **** doesnt like to come home and put new tools in the box!?

need a torqe wrench go to sears and leave it in the package and use it and take it back do it all the time cause my frend has mine useing it at work.

lets see now wal mart and sears have tool loaner programs for a small deposit ( I am surrounded by jews ) I live by the rule of thumb if i have to borrow it twice i buy it ..of coarse i have been a mechanic for 20 years so i have alot of tools my wife hates the snap on guy LOL ;D

My rule of thumb is this:

If I have to borrow something from someone, and that just happens to be the time it busts, I have to buy the person a new one.

So I've shelled out the money just the same as if I had bought it for myself, I just don't have anything to show for it....

....except the fucked up one!

and by the way 48 inch lbs is = to 4 ft lbs

Yep..to figure out In/Lbs, divide the in/Lbs by 12. That gives you Ft/Lbs.

12" in a foot, so......:)

For cheap losem' tools check out Harbor Freight.

I keep a 2.99 socket set in EVERY car, and bike I own.

They have a Decent 3/8" torque clicker for 9.99 all the time.

Is it craftsman or Matco quality? not by a long shot. Does it work? As well as we need.

Excellent point!

I never thought of keeping a cheapie set in my vehicles for emergencies, probably because when I had just 'left the nest' I tried to depend on them for my regular tools... ::)

Many busted sockets/ratchets and knuckles later I pitched 'em in favor of Craftsman.

But keeping the cheapies for emergencies is definately on my list now.

-Also, Stanley puts together pretty good sets for a decent price. Not pro quality, but a little better than the no-names.

Excellent point!

I never thought of keeping a cheapie set in my vehicles for emergencies, probably because when I had just 'left the nest' I tried to depend on them for my regular tools... ::)

Many busted sockets/ratchets and knuckles later I pitched 'em in favor of Craftsman.

But keeping the cheapies for emergencies is definately on my list now.

-Also, Stanley puts together pretty good sets for a decent price. Not pro quality, but a little better than the no-names.

There are only like 3 makers of tools in the USA. Branded under MANY familar names.

Some HF tools are indestructable, others are pure garbage. I have a set of impact sockets from there that have withstood my 1K Ft/Lb IR gun, and I've had sockets in the cheapies snap with 20 Ft/Lbs.

At HF, Quality Control is in the hands of the consumer.
If you have a store local, it makes the decision much easier.

At HF, Quality Control is in the hands of the consumer.
If you have a store local, it makes the decision much easier.

Got one a half mile up the road!

But I am very selective about what I get there.

All HF handtools now have a Lifetime Warranty. Makes that decision MUCH easier.

Plus, I feel EVERYONE should use HF's return policy......Return it in 45 Days if i's broken or not, and get a new one.

Latest posts

Back