Clutch problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamdaman

Reaction score
So, the other day when I tore apart my warrior to add an extra plate to the clutch pack, my dad came out to make sure everything was going okay. (Because I'm only sixteen and don't have a lot of experience) Anyways he picked up the clutch cover and he started playing with the lever that the clutch cable runs to this caused the spring to snap and the pushrod that engages the clutch flew out of the cover. So now I'm not sure how it's supposed to sit inside of the cover.

The lever that I'm talking about is #23 in this diagram and the part that came out is #31

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1997-yamaha-warrior-350-yfm35xj/o/m146156#sch103766

Attachments

• Clutch_Diagram.jpg
    Clutch_Diagram.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 11
Just to clarify what I'm asking, if I had the clutch cable and everything hooked up, how should the circled part sit? Is it sticking out or flush with the hole that it's in.

Attachments

• Clutch_cover_2.jpg
    Clutch_cover_2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
clutch prob

Same happened to me, after a few attemps, heres what we came up with:
The pushrod should be flush with cover prior to installing cover. hold it in place with the arm, it should be between the 2 marks on the cover. After all is tightened down, set your actual arm location by removing the c clip that holds it in place. It will be close enough to the correct position for you to easily put it where it needs to go. Good luck

Latest posts

Back