Clutch need adjusting????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obxdivr

Reaction score
When shifting into rev and fully compressing the cluch lever, my 1994 Warrior begins to move slightly without releasing the lever. Is this a case of adjustment or is this the beginning of a need for clutch replacement? I do have some movement in fwd gears but no way near in rev.

mines done that since ive gotten it 3 years ago and still does

i havent had an issue with the clutch yet so id assume that your alright

idk how much that helps lol

Yea mine does the same same. These wet clutches stick at startup because the oil isn't flowing through them, once the oil gets going everything's fine. That's also the reason neutral is almost impossible to find until the motor's a bit warm.

my 01 does the same thing... i also notice it's sometimes hard as hell to get into reverse, however if i drop it into 1st it's not usually a problem and gets better as the quad warms up..

reverse is nice, but now that i know how to ride i hardly use it, just pull up a hill roll back and spin around...

That's also the reason neutral is almost impossible to find until the motor's a bit warm.

mines the opposite

once its warm i cant find neutral at all but if i shut it off really quick i can find neutral nice and easy

weird

^^ doesnt that have somthing to do with my clutch basket???/

Well obviously you can find neutral easily when the motor's not running. I usually have to shut off my motor for reverse, which gets annoying.

Back