clutch issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road1420

Reaction score
ok so my transmission went in my 02 warrior and i split the cases replaced the trans crank bearings shift forks the whole entire engine was practically replace new piston and rings seals gaskets didn't spare anything well i put the engine back in the warrior yesterday and started reassembly i got to the clutch and now i have no clutch the arm is in the right spot the clutches are good they were replaced maybe about a month before the trans went they still look brand new when i tore the engine down now i didnt soak the clutches again but i kept them wet and oiled them before putting them back in before i did the rebuild the clutch lever and cable were adjusted the whole way down if not the clutch would partially disengaged and burn the clutches found that out the hard way when i changed the clutch perch now the cable has a ton of slack and adjusting it doesnt help it doesnt even feel like its pulling did i turn the pressure plate bolts in too far cause i took them the whole way till they stopped and torqued them to 6 ft/lbs any ideas would be appriciated i went through hundreds of posts and pull the clutch pack at least 6 times with no difference

sorry i was trying to write it fast i did the reinstall by the book from my clymers manual arrows lined up notches everything i can think of

how far out should the pressure plate be out completely tight with no give flush with the clutch boss or somewhere in between cause i loosened the pressure plate bolts and now i have some clutch had to adjust the cable to get it though

Punctuation marks dude. Had to read that 3 times to figure out what you were saying. Did you install the clutch plates properly? If so, did you make sure there is no slack, or play in the rod that the arm attaches to? Sometimes the shaft that the rod pushes out gets pushed in during disassembly and after reassembly it doesn't move out far enough to make contact. If loosening up the clutch pack made it work a little, that would be my guess as to what is wrong. Loosening the clutch pack makes it wider therefore putting it closer to the shaft and allowing it to make contact. Take the clutch cable off the arm and try turning the arm forward by hand. If it moves easily that probably is the problem.

ok, I will try that later on after i get off work. there is a possibility that could of happened the motor was disassembled for a week or so. I did move the clutch cover a good bit cleaning it and such. Any other ideas on it will i am tearing into it would be appreciated. i do know that the clutch pack was assembled right. I checked it every time i pulled it apart because i thought that was my issue. The arrows line up along with the notches, the wave discs are in the right spot and i have 7 fibers and the right number of steels. The clutch pack was put in right, seated fine (was a little bit of a pain lining up the center shaft) and there was no play once the pressure plate was on and tight. and again sorry for punctuation i was in a hurry going between my quad and laptop. Trying to finally finish it up so i can break the motor in.

here is what the clutch pushrod assembly looks like on my warrior. what do you think
IMAG0005.jpg
IMAG0003.jpg
IMAG0004.jpg

Theres your problem wasnt coming out far enough adjusted it and now its working thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Back