clutch install

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake70

Reaction score
tried installing my driveline clutch. i cant get the clutch to stay together to the front of the basket. clymer guide said put a screwdriver in the back to hold it, and i did that and took it out when i was supposed to and the damn thing didnt stay together. i have all the plates in order and the notches lined up with arrow on the boss. anyone have any idea what the problem is?

tried installing my driveline clutch. i cant get the clutch to stay together to the front of the basket. clymer guide said put a screwdriver in the back to hold it, and i did that and took it out when i was supposed to and the damn thing didnt stay together. i have all the plates in order and the notches lined up with arrow on the boss. anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Is the hole basket slid all the way back ? Or the where the clutch springs go theres a bearing and a thing that looks like a small valve r they back in?

Last edited:
Everything was back in and the spring bolts were torqued to 6 ft lbs with clutch nut at 59 ft lbs. everything seemed loose in the basket but the plates wouldn't go in any farther.

Everything was back in and the spring bolts were torqued to 6 ft lbs with clutch nut at 59 ft lbs. everything seemed loose in the basket but the plates wouldn't go in any farther.

Then its not in right. When Ive done them there isnt any play before i put the springs in. Make sure again eveyrthing is alighned right.

The clutch basket itself has an arrow on it as well to line up with the arrow on the boss, I did the same thing bc I didn't notice at first that both the boss and basket have arrows that need aligned in order to get the plates tight like their supposed to be.

Back