Clutch Install issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciscomkv

Reaction score
So I went to install a Tusk clutch kit in my 01 warrior and everything went fine till I had to tighten down the basket. The tusk clutch too I had slipped and broke one of the lugs off of the pressure plate.

I went through with the install making sure that it was bolted close to flush and it seemed legit.

Took it to the sand pits and it worked fine except for the clutch grabbing late on the lever.

I think the rod on the clutch cover was incorrectly positioned when I installed it. That make sense? Is there a guide on where it should be positioned during install??

Also how bad is using the machine with the clutch carrier missing one lug? (I put the broken lug and bolt back in so it was still balanced)
Any input would help. Also if someone has a pressure plate from a spare motor that they could sell me that would help too!! Thanks

This is what it looks like for those who aren't too sure

1987-2004-yamaha-warrior-stock-inner-hub-pressure-plate-800x600.jpg

6yha2abe.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376310081.170148.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376310081.170148.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
I wouldn't run it, but that's me.
If I was home I could send you one, but it will be 4 weeks till I make it home.
Hopefully someone can help you out sooner.

Ya it survived the 18 mile run this past weekend fine but the clutch needs to be adjusted bad! Lol thanks. I'm sure ill find one reasonable somewhere.

As far as the clutch arm install, if I remember correctly, there is a mark on top of the shaft that you line up with a dot on the arm.

Back