Clutch Housing tabs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumSturd

Reaction score
Hey all,
I took my clutch out today for replacement and noticed the tabs on the clutch housing have scoring on them from the friction plate tabs rubbing. Some tabs are smoother than others but some feel pretty deep. Like moguls, one after the other. Has anyone ever tried smoothing them out with an oil stone. I could dremmel them down a little but I am affraid they are to deep and then the friction plate tabs would have to much play between the housing tabs?

If that does not work I would need to replace the clutch housing and the boss. I did look today and there are a couple on ebay but is the housing the same for all year YFMs?

Thanks for any input.

:argh:

Yeah, I wouldn't want that play if you were to grind down the basket either. The basket is the same for all years. you can double check on bike bandit if yah want.

yeah thats what makes the buggy try to go whenever you have the clutch pulled in... the friction disks get hung up in those goves and wont release sometimes.... you can dremel them off but you have to be very careful that you dremel them all off the same amount... if one of the tabs is wider than the others it will get grooves in it fast... your probably best off just leaving it alone or buying a new (used) one.... its going to be hard to find one without at least little grooves tho

Back