Clutch Housing Shaft Nut Came off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maczilla23

Reaction score
I just put in a clutch kit in my wolverine 450 and got it all together. Took it for a ride and it quit working. we pulled the cover off and the nut that holds everything on the shaft came off? We tightened the hell out of it and used locktite and it still came off. Now i have to buy a new Clutch housing. Any reason this could happen? Im at a loss for words right now?

If it messed up the threads take it to a machine shop to have it rethreaded (Metric 16x1.00 pitch). Whole lot cheaper. Mine did the same thing the local shop couldn't rethread it but they were able to take out the first two rows of threads which worked just as good and it only cost $30.

If it messed up the threads take it to a machine shop to have it rethreaded (Metric 16x1.00 pitch). Whole lot cheaper. Mine did the same thing the local shop couldn't rethread it but they were able to take out the first two rows of threads which worked just as good and it only cost $30.

Thanks for the reply! Never thought of that. Do you know why it happened? What did you do the next time to prevent it? Any help would be appreciated!

The reason for it coming off could be anything from noy enough torque to begin with or any other number of things. I'm guessing your torque wrench is not the correct spec style. Some use inch pounds some foot pounds and some newton meters. I can't remember which is correct but I went 10-20 over whatever the rebuild manual says.

Back