• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clutch cover modded for cooler

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a pic of the one Im working on for starpuss.
IMG_20110602_184917.jpg

she looks Real nice!

Ya in a pic, Im still working it though. The heat and humidity we have been having the last couple days is messing with the paint in spots. I think its drying at different times and a few spots the paint wrinkled and Ive got to re-sand those spots flat and rough up the rest. Might take a little longer, but I can guarantee you will be very happy with it when I get done.

Yes Im probably being picky, but I refuse to send these painted ones out til atleast Id be willing put them on mine.

Last edited:
Anyone else want one done? Ive got these down to the point as long as the paint cooperates, that I can get them out really quick.

Thats cool man. For those of you thinking my way, I can get npt to AN fitting adapters if you would like to go with braided lines like mine. Will have to charge a little more as the the adapter fittings are a little more expensive. Heres a pic of mine.
IMG_20110603_210304.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the performance gain with this mod?

You have a PM good sir.

It just keeps the motor cooler. I dont think there is a power difference, just keeps the motor cooler.

if you dont oill cool it the motor will over heat and the first to go is the clutch and it gets worse from there its a good idea to do a oil cooler

Whats the performance gain with this mod?

You have a PM good sir.

As the other 2 siad theres no real performance gains, but keeping the motor cooler besides helping the longevity of the motor, it helps with finding neutral and missed shifts. Pm being returned shortly, busy day today.

As the other 2 siad theres no real performance gains, but keeping the motor cooler besides helping the longevity of the motor, it helps with finding neutral and missed shifts. Pm being returned shortly, busy day today.

Are there any negative effects of doing the mod? Anything that could go wrong? I know its just a cooler, but Id rather not do a mod if it could ever be problematic.

No real negative effects, since from you pm's you wanna go with braided lines. With plain rubber lines the only thing close to negative is the possibility of cutting a line easier.

im gonna b in the market for 1 soon aswell i think if i go with the 366

No real negative effects, since from you pm's you wanna go with braided lines. With plain rubber lines the only thing close to negative is the possibility of cutting a line easier.

Yea i want braided, so no negatives then?

Im in!

I have had issues with missed shifts and such, and it does seem it occurs during my hard riding. I have the shifter mod, and I still noticed "shifts not wanting to shift" when Im ripping around the track as hard as possible.

Hopefully this helps that even more.

I need a cover too, just need to get some $$ together. Once I get the cover from you, its pretty much just putting everything on? I'll have to order a new clutch cover gasket

Cool man, just hit me up when you got the $$ together. For anyone else interested, I can put together kits with coolers, lines, and anything else need to just hook up and go including fabbing up brackets if need be for the setup you'd want. Prices will vary depending on cooler style and lines along with mounting location(mainly for braided line setups). Possibly working on one for dbkid with braided line.

Cool man, just hit me up when you got the $$ together. For anyone else interested, I can put together kits with coolers, lines, and anything else need to just hook up and go including fabbing up brackets if need be for the setup you'd want. Prices will vary depending on cooler style and lines along with mounting location(mainly for braided line setups). Possibly working on one for dbkid with braided line.

Cool sounds like a great plan. Can't go wrong with the modded clutch cover, and it sounds like your the master at it.

PM sent!

Heres a pic of the finished product for 06specialedition, though Ive been having a hell of a time getting a decent picture with the shine this black has, this is the best one I could get.
IMG_20110626_235623.jpg

Thanks man, Gotta do a good job. Right now these are what keeps feeding the warrior addiction to modding. Slowly but surely!!!!

Latest posts

Back