Clutch cover fittings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeessfore

Reaction score
Where is everyone finding the 90` fittings you need for the oil cooler. I tapped it to 1/8-27 but can't find the correct fittings

Hardware stores normally carry the brass hose barbs, Also try advanced auto parts or lowes they should have 90 fittings and epoxy

Is what you tapped that to equivalent to 1/8 npt? I get my 90* and barbs from lowes and menards. One of the 2 usually has them in stock, if all else fails I know one of my local places I could get some for you.

I've gone to Lowes, home depot, ace and aco hardware. No luck. Even asked for help incase I was missing it. I've done a ton of air ride setups so I know my fittings but not 1/8 pipethread

Like I siad I know one of my local stores will have them in stock, so if you need a hook up I can help ya!! Ive never not been able to find them, Ive even found them on ebay but usually cost more.

Which one of you guys is still modding these covers? I'm going to need one done in a couple months when I do my tear down.

Just a quick question are these correct? is the threaded side 1/8" ? and the hose adapter 6AN?
Going to do the cooling mod.
thanks

Oreillys is the best and cheapest place to get the fittings. Edelman 846260 and 216200. Two of each fitting. In my experience jb weld wont hold it will eventually fail. I use quiksteel its very strong. I fill the whole unused galley and then use two screwdrivers and smoosh it together from the two fitting holes. That way I know its tight and its also wider at both ends to where the quilsteel can't come out if it would happen to fail.

I have some for sale on eBay. There 60$ shipped that's for a cover that's tapped and plugged with fittings.

Should work I think. I have never used them, my only concern would be watch how close you drill the holes cause you have to be able to spin the second fitting in without it hitting the first fitting.

that is a good observation!!! thanks man didnt think of it... going to check dimensions.
about ebay do you ship to portugal?

Oreillys is the best and cheapest place to get the fittings. Edelman 846260 and 216200. Two of each fitting. In my experience jb weld wont hold it will eventually fail. I use quiksteel its very strong. I fill the whole unused galley and then use two screwdrivers and smoosh it together from the two fitting holes. That way I know its tight and its also wider at both ends to where the quilsteel can't come out if it would happen to fail.

I have some for sale on eBay. There 60$ shipped that's for a cover that's tapped and plugged with fittings.
I used to do them the same way you describe, but unfortunately the quick steel can fail. Not often, but it can. Ive started to do them a new way where its blocked by a threaded set screw that is lock-tited in. That means theres no chance of failure of the plug.

I used to do them the same way you describe, but unfortunately the quick steel can fail. Not often, but it can. Ive started to do them a new way where its blocked by a threaded set screw that is lock-tited in. That means theres no chance of failure of the plug.

Any pictures of the new method?

Back