Clutch adjustment

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
We all know Yamaha's recommended method for adjusting the clutch is to measure the slack at the clutch lever.

But what about if you have a shorty lever or even a bent lever?

We adjusted the clutch with the stock lever prior to putting on the shorty, but now the clutch seems to be constantly engaged- at least partially.

If it is in gear, with the clutch in when you start it, it bucks pretty hard. If you are in reverse, with the clutch in it will idle iteslf backward.

Any thoughts on this?
Can we just adjust it until there is no movement with it in reverse?

Mine does that al the time if it isnt warmed up................ : ) Was it up to temp?
You can only adjust it to the point where there is still some play in the cable.
Always turn your wheels in both directions and check it like that also........

Yeah mine does the same thing yours does but if i put on the back break when its rolling and the clutch is in it will stop it went u let back off or atleast mine does.

Mine did that when I first put the engine back together. I just kept messing with it. I also adjusted the lever on the clutch cover which egages the clutch.

Mine does that al the time if it isnt warmed up................ : ) Was it up to temp?....

Now that you mention it, no it wasn't.

Have to look into that a little further.

Thanks

yea i asked the guy at the dealership when I thought I was having clutch problems, and he said sometime that if you rev it (while in neutral) and pump the clutch lever it will allow more oil to enter the plates and while help the problem of it moving.

If it wasnt warmed up,definatly try it again and only adjust it while warmed!
When oil isnt warme d well..............its to thick to flow between the clutches properly.
The thick oil thats between the plates causes the cluthes to drag.

Latest posts

Back