clicking noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouritrailrider

Reaction score
when i try to start my quad, it will barely turn over and sometimes just makes a clicking noise what causes this, i bought a new battery but just filled it and its on the charge

it usually means your battery is dead, check the connections, and make sure its charged

this is with it hooked to a jump pack just started doin it after riding a few days in the snow i've tried the battery out of my ninja as well as goin and buying a new battery

i think we should start a sticky on this because i think i see someone ask this question once a month.

But i know its a bad battery or bad conections...well at least thats what it is for me most of the time.

Mine kinda does the same thing. I hit the start button and it will barely turn over or sometimes it will just click and other times it will start.

If it just clicks once when you press the start button it is probably your starter.

Bad battery, solenoid or connection.
People don't relise that the battery has to be maintaned (full of water) and charged at least once a month.. also not to have the battery loose as when you're riding around it breaks the plates on the inside of the battery also breaks the connections. Main reason why batterys fail.
Left out in the cold will cause the water to freeze in the battery and then that will break the plates. One reason you should always put your fourwheeler inside when you know it's going to be cold out.
The solenoid clicks because there isn't enough amperage in the battery to keep the solenoid closed and when the solenoid trys to close it has a huge amperage load on it causing voltage to drop off and lift or open the solenoid, so you get a quick clicking sound as the solenoid is opening and closing very rapidly.

well the battery is perfectly charged, i even took one out of my street bike and it did the same and bought a brand new one which does the same, someone told me if the solenoid clicks, it is the starter not working, any more input would be appreciated

I would just try and jump the starter by putting the ground to the frame and then positive right to the termail on the starter. See if it turns over... if it doesn't the starter is junk. If it does then you know it's the solenoid or something to do with the connections.

Its probably just the brushes. Get a rubber hammer and hold the start button and tap the starter.

Latest posts

Back