clamp on style filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazed1

Reaction score
I have read alot online about changing the stock airbox on the 350 wolvy to a clamp on style ,is this real important . If I do what kit should I get a Pro flow kit or a noss adapter,I will only be using a foam type filter like a uni.

As far as changing to a clamp on style filter, you need to consider a few things, what kind of riding are you doing. Are you going to be crossing a lot of water, mud running, etc..... If so I would not recommend going to a clamp on filter or running one of the higher flowing airboxes that are more open, due to the fact that they will allow water into the carb, and therefore the engine much easier.

If you are riding in just dirt and grass then yes you could go to the clamp on filter, and you would see an increase in power.
I dont know which would be a better kit the noss or the pro flow design airbox.

i installed noss machine because they got 4 bolts around the flange. i saw some brand sliding on the lower part and 2 bolts on the upper.

I ride a mix of everything but im not looking for a k&n filter for more power,I just want a better seal than the one on the stock airboxes of all pre 06' wolverines.Im looking at a Uni filter which is a foam filter like the stock one but doesnt get held on by the airbox lid it clamps on like my 400ex.

ctateusa1,
I'm pretty sure he's talking about a clamp on that sits in the stock airbox housing. The Wolverine and Warriors came with a really crapy stock filter set up. You needed to line up the filter in the airbox, then make sure the lid was lined up correctly so everything was snug. The setup baffled me because my 1985 200X trike had a clamp on from the factory.

Nos makes a flange that allows you to run a clamp on filter inside the airbox. I have it and it works great. I feel much better riding knowing the filter is snuggly in place.

Right on Glenn you know what I mean since you have a 05 ,the other day i cleaned it for the first time and since Ive heard rumors of the flawed box I kept checking over (at least 5 0r 6 times) making sure the slots in the lid were holding it down right.I would much rather screw a clamp on style one on like my honda so I dont have to double check, and just out of curiosity do I have to rejet for a Uni filter?I dont know too much about this tuff as you can tell but I would just rather do it right.

I run a Noss intake with a K&N and an outterware. I went to DG's and FMF's site for jetting specs since I'm also running an aftermarket slip on. Based on what their site said, a main jet change was in order. I beleive I went up a size or two on my main jet. I just went to the local dealer and picked up a larger main.

I got you, I have seen the other style where they offer the replacement airbox but I had not seen the style like you have with the noss intake manifold.

I run a K&N in the stock airbox and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Just have to be creative and meticulous when you instal and you should be good to go. If you do any water crossings or deep mud them id opt strongly against using no airbox.

Back