Choke causing quad to run lean???!?!?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
I just realized today after montha of work getting this quad up and going that my choke lever is bent, ive had an issue with it runing lean, so today I upped my main jet to a 150 hoping it woukd help because I have the airbox mod with k&n airfilter, and rcm2 exhaust. I tocuh my choke lever and it seems to idle down and not run so lean. Has anyone heard of this lroblem?

It's not a choke, it's an idle enrichment circuit.

When the knob is pulled out it dumps extra fuel, so I am having a hard time following your statement, please elaborate.

If I touch the knob, not pull on it it stop running at such a high idle and my head pipe stops glowing. Im running a 150 main 45 pilot with k&n filter and dg rcm exhaust. The lever is bent so im assumin its not sealing properly, is it possible its sucking air through the lever seals?

If you understand how it works you would realize that all it does is enrich the fuel mixture. A real choke so to speak would have a way of restricting airflow. this system does not do that. Not possible to make it run any more lean if it is engaged, it is adding fuel not taking it away. Hope this helps you diagnose your problem.

Back