Choice of Upgrades

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband suggested that I consider changing my stock wheels out to lighter, aluminum wheels vs. getting a pipe. He said that he thought I would notice as much of an improvement with the wheels vs going with a pipe. Any thoughts on this?

Has anyone switched out their wheels on their 350? If so, about how much did this cost you?

You should be able to get a set of wheels for about 250.00-300.00. With lighter aluminum wheels, you will notice a difference, but they do bend easier than the stock steel wheels. My 06 450 comes with aluminum wheels and I have bent them already.

ctateusa1 said:
You should be able to get a set of wheels for about 250.00-300.00. With lighter aluminum wheels, you will notice a difference, but they do bend easier than the stock steel wheels. My 06 450 comes with aluminum wheels and I have bent them already.

Yes and no.. The 450's rims I *thought* would be stronger with the full rolled edges, but trashed mine in 6 months.

I replaced them with Douglas Rock Stars, and they are light as air, aluminum, and hold up WAY better than the original rims.

As for noticing that big of a gain, I doubt it.. Its not THAT much less weight (but the wheels are well worth it for their durability).

Back