check this **** out! but don't freak out,I didn't

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
so I just went out to pull the needle slide to put the clip down on the 4th notch and had to take the side cover off the carb to slide the lever shaft out to get the slide and needle out the top and this is the carnage I was surprised with it's not as bad as it looks everything still moves freely and smooth the only thing I need to replace is the circlip that locks the throttle lever and the accelerator pump lever together (the reason for all the rust the top corner of the black plastic side cover had a dime size chunk broke out of it so moisture was getting in) swapped the cover out with the 92's and gonna lube the **** out of it after I get the new circlip tomorrow
2012-04-25234245.jpg
2012-04-25234146.jpg

the 92 carb only has the lower mechanism no upper and 2 cables the 02 only has 1 cable and the lower mechanism and upper to control the slide and needle

Clean what you can really good with a wire brush or something similar. You may want to swap out the return spring for the one in the other carb. You could just swap over the whole 92 carb. Just need to mount the cable junction box to the left side frame rail.

wow thats crazy! why were you gonna change it to the 4th notch on the needle??

so I got the clip on the 4th notch now with th 155 main jet throttle response is snappy and smooth all the way threw but she only starts with no choke and idles a tad higher than before and when I turn the idle screw out it doesn't idle down any but if I turn it in I can get it to idle higher is that normal?she is also blowing a little dark smoke out the pipe when revving (I'm thinking because I'm rich now)I'm thinking I should just put the clip back at the 3rd notch and just up the main to a 157.5 cause with the clip on the 4th notch the idle is non adjustable (lower anyway) what do you guys think???

Last edited:
damn! i would only freak out if i found that in my carb. lol. you're on your own with that.

You have my vote for most illegible thread of 2012. I wanted to gouge my eyeballs out after the second sentence.

Back