Changes and History Of the Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgm0967

Reaction score
I keep getting slowed up by the hotties thread but have done searches here and on Google. Can't come up with the timeline for changes and history of the Warrior. I know I have a 1997 and found out that was the first year you could get rev in any gear. I have an unknown year I bought as an 88 and was told here it's a newer version. I do know you can't get rev unless it's in N. I also checked out a 1987 and found the cdi's are gold plated according to cost. Is there a post explaining the changes over the years?

no there is no specific post but there is a little info here and there. All years wil reverse in any gear and if they don't there is something out of wack.
87 first year, interchangable balljoints and longer swinger with different brakes and different a-arms
88 is the same except no balljoint swapping
89 new electrical and headlights plus a smaller swinger and standard size a-arms
90-04 just new electrical and lights, besides that nothing changed

no there is no specific post but there is a little info here and there. All years wil reverse in any gear and if they don't there is something out of wack.
87 first year, interchangable balljoints and longer swinger with different brakes and different a-arms
88 is the same except no balljoint swapping
89 new electrical and headlights plus a smaller swinger and standard size a-arms
90-04 just new electrical and lights, besides that nothing changed
From the 87-88 perspective.. The frames on the 1st gens are just a bit different than the 2nd gens to...

I'll find it and post it. I know there was something to finding rev.

But that makes sense.

87-88 balljoints
89 one of its own
90 to infinity the same

@ pat
The front of the frames look quite a bit different if you look close...
But from the a-arms back they look the same.
@ dgm
The wiring after 1990 changed a few times..

Last edited:
The very front of the frames, from the down tube infront of the engine, to the bumper, there are some pretty big differences.

Back