Chain's chain's gold one's and silver one's

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fast4urass2005

Reaction score
;DOKOK here's the question has anyone ever had a chain worn to the point that it drags ? I mean i can be going pull the clutch in and you can feel it dragging me down and it's noisy sound's bad and yes i lube the hell out of it seems to be just cashed. And here's another question what kind of chain is everyone using brand? o-ring? x-ring? d.i.d? renthal? or that final drive or what ever it is that rocky sell's? any input would be great...

Is your chain tight? and no I dont think I've ever had a chain to do that. Anyways I bought a primary drive o ring with sprockets 2 weeks ago and have been riding the hell out of it and it has'nt stretch a bit at all. Its built heavy and I'm very happy with it so far.

yea she's tight ive have to remove 4 links from it it's the stock chain and my rapturd is a 05 so ive got some ware on it lots and lots of road ware hard take offs on asphalt..ive been looking at primary drive probaly will go with them.

yeah.. it's an o ring chaing the comes stock on there so really no need to lube it other then just to keep it from rusting and o rings from cracking. Your chain should have a 1" to 1.5" of slop to it. You should never take out links to compinsate from wear. So nothing under 98 links. This also will wear the sprockets really fast. X ring, o ring, z ring there all pretty much the same. Just get a name brand one and you'll be fine.

"yeah.. it's an o ring chaing the comes stock on there so really no need to lube it other then just to keep it from rusting and o rings from cracking."

Why wouldnt you lube your stock chain? Its still an o-ring and still needs lubed?

Im sold to Primary Drive for life.. I bought there cheepest chain and sprocket kit from rockymoutain thinking it was going to be a waste of money and i was going to be replacing it with in a couple months. Well lets just say its been about a year and i ride at least 3 times a week and i think iv had to tighten it maybe three times since i put it on.

there is no way to get lube to the pins on an o ring chain. That is what seals the pins is the o rings from dirt, water and all the other **** you ride through. Keeps lube in, keeps dirt out. This is why you don't want to pressure wash the **** out of an o ring chain as water can get past the o rings and then rust or push the lube out of the chain. So there is still a need to lube it just to keep it from rusting and o rings from cracking, it's just not like a non o ring chain were you should clean it and lube it every ride otherwise it will wear out because there is nothing to protect the pins from dirt.

Thank's for all the input everyone and I have been eyeing the primary drive chain i can get one for mine for 22 bucks and change I like the one for 37 a lil better but just because its gold lol

If i can assume... i think your looking at the 520 H racing chain. Which is a non oring. I run that chain and to be honest i love it. It lasted over a year before i took it off, just because it wouldnt fit with the 15.

never get them cheap ass chains off of ebay they suck balls. i hafto adjust mine about every four times i ride.

Back