chain tensioner screws??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericzerka24

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get new screws for the chain tensioners??

I just bought this warrior the other day and it came with these ghetto rigged chain tensioner screws:

b3d7d559.jpg

d98c680f.jpg

Whats wrond with that^^? Lol. Just go to your hardware store or machine shop and get new bolts. I don't have my bike infront of me, so I can't measure them for you. I also can't remember the thread pitch, but I wanna say it's either 1.25mm or 1.5mm. I'm leaning more towards the 1.5mm, that sounds about right. Either that or go to yamaha. FYI, there are supposed to be a locknut on both bolts, incase you didn't know.

Haha yea I just laughed when I looked at it. I'm replacing the front and rear sprockets right now and these things gotta go.

I think they are 8mm x 1.25 factory. Might be deceiving in the pic, but looks like they may have tapped the holes bigger. Looks almost like 3/8" all-thread.

If they are 3/8" all-thread, you could actually make them work. Just cut them off some. Put one nut on loose and close to the adjuster for the lock nut. Put another nut flush with your cut and weld it in place. Should be able to make it look nice. I know trying to find bolts that are long enough at the hardware store is hard to do. I ended up putting a heli-coil in mine and going with an OEM bolt. It is a pia to put a heli-coil in that thin little adjuster!!

8x1.25 is factory, stock are 2 1/2 inches (the 1 in caliper) the news ones i got are 3 in, i found the guy that sells all bolts to all stores (the supplier) hell he got me a $12 yamaha shoulder bolt, he charged me .75 cents !
IMG_3148.jpg

I have a good set of bolts and the pieces they thread into from my old swing if ya need them. Just sitting in my shed right now collecting dust.

I'll stop up to the hardware tomorrow and see if they can get me some 3" ones. Appreciate the help guys

I have a good set of bolts and the pieces they thread into from my old swing if ya need them. Just sitting in my shed right now collecting dust.

If those will fit a 87 warrior I'll take them. One of mine is completely missing. If you can find out how much shipping to 76541 is, I will gladly pay for shipping.

Latest posts

Back