CDI

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dte825

Reaction score
At what point do you consider putting on a better CDI? Are you wasting money putting one on if your not heavily modded? Can you get some gain if you put one on and only have say a K&N and a pipe? Seems like an easy way to get some more power but I keep reading that the stock springs can only handle so many RPM's so maybe it's pointless with a stock top end. Thoughts?

Plus your wasting your money if you get anything but a Dynatek. All those other so called "performance" cdi are no better than stock.

Yeah and since you have an 03 your in the same boat as me, you have to get the 02 to 04 non programmable CDI, but it's still way better then a stock timing curve. It says 5HP gain ::), plus it revs way faster to the top. The only thing is I might call them and see if mabe I could send it back and have the Rev limiter set lower then the 15,000 RPM they have it set to.

Is changing the wiring harness a huge deal becuase I saw a few on Ebay for pretty cheap. Is it just a matter of unplugging all the stuff, rerouting the new wires, and then just plugging the **** back in or is there more to it?

You will need a new stator for 97 to 01, a new on off switch for 97 to 01, your brake lites will no longer work, and I'm not sure of the rectifier. Its a bit of work and money or I would of done it.

Back