CDI box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinchand

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has had luck find a cdi box. if there was one how much top end would we gain you think?

Noone makes a cdi up to this point. I dont believe you would actually gain any top speed(the machine is limited on top speed by the clutching(gear ratio)) because you never hit a rev limiter when you are topped out as fast as you can go.

I have one off a rhino.. Its an improvement, nothing special though. Might as well just get your clutch cut so it engages at a higher rpm.

Kurdtus - how did you know the Rhino CDI would work?

I see that you have an EPI clutch kit too... what made you decide to change the clutch, how did you find a kit that actually fit the wolverine ;) and what, if any, change did you notice by adding the the kit?

I tried it because it seemed like they were a similar enigine. Took the leap and it tied in nicely. I think a grizzly cdi would work but being a bigger engine i figured the curves on that would hurt something.

As for the Clutch kit. It adds heavier weights and makes the engine engage at a higher RPM giving it more bottom end. Youd notice if you put it in. But if you get it cut, it engages even higher.

Ok so forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by get it cut?

I sure could use one............ I think.

We were in the mountains riding this past weekend and decided to jump out on the pavement to save a little time. My Wolverine 450 jumped up to 50 mph (going uphill) and them promptly fell on it's face and started missing like crazy. From them on I could only hold about 2/3rds throttle at 42 mph. If I mashed the flipper any further the missing and maybe an occassional backfire would come right back.

From a standstill I can mash the throttle for about 7-10 seconds before the missing starts. So for mountain roads it's just fine but, when things open up is when the problem shows up.

WTF?

Then my buddy on his Polaris 500 Sportsman blew his belt and I end up towing him back over the mountains for dozens of miles.

We really need a fix for this problem.

Thanks

Frosty

check your clutch make sure you dont have some grease where its not suspossed to be. I had that problem myself and once time it was water in there causing the belt to slip and another time it was that i had slung some grease out and it caused the problem.

Latest posts

Back