Cause of pickup coil failure?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reactant

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a '95 Warrior with K&N filter & the White Bros. slip-on. Here's the story.

When I got this quad (about 6 months ago), the pickup coil was out. It took me awhile to figure this out since this is my 1st Warrior, and it ended up taking about 2 months to get the quad running to my liking. Well, today, my pickup coil went out. Nothing out of the ordinary, I just let of the gas and it wouldn't respond. Pushed into the garage, did the necessary resistance tests, and concluded that the coil had failed. I had bought the new coil from eBay for cheap. Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem aside from going to RM Stator and spending the extra money to buy a reliable coil?

Much appreciated,
Reactant

i have replace stators several times, both ricky and rm. I actually always have issues with the source coil. The lastime i replaced just the source coil and knock on wood it has been running for several years just fine. Pickup coils are actually the easy and cheaper one to replace. I dont know what cause they to fail, i have to assume heat and poor quality control.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll just stick with the quality parts from now on and see where that gets me.

-Reactant

Latest posts

Back