Carrier Bearings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fperri302

Reaction score
Hey guys and gal.. time to do the dreaded carrier bearings in my warrior b4 they let loose ... just a quick question to anyone whos done them in the past .. do you think it would be easier to do them in the bike or would it be better to just dump the whole carrier and axel out the back and work on it on a bench and use a press? Thanks for any insight..

my buddy did it for me, but we set the rear on a stand. i held the bike in place while he took a BFH to it until it let loose.

I've always done them while its on the bike, just pull the axle and go to town, the swinger holds the whole thing for you. If your putting a new set in, popin the old ones out is easy with a flat head and a mallet. Time yourself to make it fun! hahaha

I would do whatever you feel comfortable with it wouldnt be any harder to just remove the carrier if you feel its easier that way.

0305001833.jpg

Alright is this lil guy inside all the warrior carriers? Or is this another one of the lovely 87 surprises I keep running into? It was in the middle between the two bearings... It made it a bitch to knock bearings out cause it blocked me from getting to the edge on the back side of bearings... Just curious cause never remember anyone mentioning it...is it important hah?

yea every warrior has that, unless someone took it out and left it out, pretty much the same as what the front bearings have except the front spacer is a little tapered to go from the bigger inside bearing to the smaller outside bearing.

Yes it's in all warriors, yes it's very important. It's the bearing spacer which seperates the inner bearing races. Without it, when you tightened the axle nuts it would just keep turning until it crushed the bearings.

Ha well that makes sense.. im used to setting bearing preload by feel on cars n trucks... anyway this job was not as bad as I expected considering all this stuffs been together since 87..

Glad to hear you finished the job. I just got my warrior last week, and luckily he said he changed them before he listed it!!!

People say a lot of things to help with a sale. Just don't be surprised if they go out on you sooner then you expect.

Back