Carbs for 366 setup

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00warrior350

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've been on here I bought my old warrior back and completely redoing for my fiancé.. I'm just looking for a solid answer on a good realiable easy to work with carb for a 366cc 10.5:1 kit with web .390 cam.. Edelbrock is a no since we do a lot of cold winter riding.. Been looking at VM36 and TM36 series carbs.. Will make build thread soon

Several of us are using the FCR but they can be cantankerous, great carb but tricky. One of the 37mm dirtbike carbs would prolly work awesome if you're willing to put the time into tuning. Also, some people like just the simple Rap 350 carb BUT imho I see nothing wrong with the stock BTM. You said you're redoing it for the wifey so chances are every last single hp isn't as much priority as simplicity and reliability and the BTM is both IMO.

She rides my raptor and likes the "pep" more so then the top end speed not very often that we need it was just looking for somthing to get what I can out of the piston and cam didn't want somthing like the carb holding it back.

If you go FCR, you absolute must inspect the rubber seal that is part of the slide. If that is bad, you are going to have a tuning nightmare on your hands! Once I found mine was damaged, and I replaced it, tuning was a breeze.

I know it will never compare to the 700.. Thanks for the input guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 22
I had an fcr39 from a yz450F yamaha dirt bike. ran a 168 main and 42 pilot and has a quickshot 3 on it for fine tuning of the acc pump. Ran great

Been awhile since I've been on here I bought my old warrior back and completely redoing for my fiancé.. I'm just looking for a solid answer on a good realiable easy to work with carb for a 366cc 10.5:1 kit with web .390 cam.. Edelbrock is a no since we do a lot of cold winter riding.. Been looking at VM36 and TM36 series carbs.. Will make build thread soon

My edelbrock works great in the cold two pumps on the throttle and it will sit there and idle in below zero weather.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

I'm running a 200 main, and a 52 pilot. But... Mine has a shield and cover around it to limit mud coverage, and James' is a totally open filter. Loads of air.

Wow, you're making my bike sound like a fuel hog, my main is a 195, lol!
ya know when i was jetting this thing I remember you posting that you had a really big jet. I tried a 190 and it was so rich that it cut out terribly on the top end. I just kept going smaller till it ran the best. So I don't know what the deal is, haha. Seems kinda strange doesn't it?:crazy:

All I was running for an intake was a 400ex intake with a UNI filter just setting in the open stock air box. Maybe elevation?? One thing I do remember is that I did change the air jet that is between the pilot and main to a much larger jet. I have having trouble with a hesitation off idle and changing that jet to the 70s fixed that problem. Maybe that has something to do with my main jet size.

Last edited:
Well after some research ended up going with a edelbrock found one brand new

Well the quicksilver ended up falling through and ended up getting mikuni vm38 due to the budget tightening up.. People running these what's a good start for my jetting? So I know which mains to order.. Would my dyno jet kit for my stock carb be the same jets for this?

Well instead of starting a new thread with another carb question got it back together today starts with alittle throttle and then idles as soon as I put into gear it dies or I keep it reved up it'll move cough sputter then die I'm running a vm38 w/ 220 main 35 pilot , 366 w/ 10.5:1, webcam .390, pro flow with k&n , hmf slip on any help would be appreciated

I went with the vm at first with mine. But I can't remember the jetting. The problem with that carb on these bikes is the lack of an accelerator pump. A four stroke needs that shot of fuel right off idle to get all of the rotating mass spinning.
Edelbrock ended up being what I run with a 16e needle.

Latest posts

Back